The Standard On The River: Multifamily At 91 Jensen Dr.

hindesky

On 7/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, Paco Jones said:

A mix of 3 and 4 story buildings, all surface parking.

Architect is Architecture Demarest.spacer.png

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Kim Brown said:

Renderings of The Standard on the River are below. The renderings are from the apartment's website linked in the above post.

The Standard on the River is a multifamily development located at 91 Jensen Dr.

https://www.standardontheriver.com/gallery

Entry

gkPVkiQ.jpg

Leasing office

1TsD8kI.jpg

Yp05FFw.jpg

Pool view

tVGpcid.jpg

ber4tPx.jpg

Clubroom

hmLK1Ve.jpg

Fitness Studio

atYOOQ5.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 4

• The title was changed to The Standard On The River: Multifamily At 91 Jensen Dr.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This unusual project has grown on me.  Paired with The Laura across the street, it gives a great dense feel when crossing the Jensen St Bridge.  Very unique.  Also, the central office/amenity building gives off a pretty cool, mcm vibe.   

• Like 7

It's grown on me too. I like that Houston is putting land adjacent to bayous to higher use. 

It makes for a more unified core. Not sure what generations passed thought when they had those things like massive concrete channels, but the combination of projects like this and East River with the bayou parks and bike trails these areas look more like extensions of downtown rather than areas that needs to be kept away from downtown at all costs. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, strickn said:

I don't know that the bedroom suburbs need to start so close to downtown either though.  This is Sugar Land style living with the convenience of the inner loop.

Hmm, wouldn’t Sugar Land be more of a McMansion than multifamily? 

No, if you look on Stadium Drive along the banks of their bayou, you'll see similar bland four-storey buildings with acres of composition shingle roofing like Overture and Imperial Lofts.  They even have their own waterfront silos at the sugar mill redevelopment site.

1 hour ago, strickn said:

I don't know that the bedroom suburbs need to start so close to downtown either though.  This is Sugar Land style living with the convenience of the inner loop.

Although I get where you are coming from, but I think this is a substantial step up from what it was and what's around it. 

We have prime lots in downtown and midtown getting these types of housing, so to demand a more urban development on a field across the way is to much for me to ask. Across the bayou is no Jersey City. Let's build up residential density with units like these and if there is great demand then better developments may follow.

But for now this project has grown on me. I like how the area is changing.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 7:28 PM, strickn said:

No, if you look on Stadium Drive along the banks of their bayou, you'll see similar bland four-storey buildings with acres of composition shingle roofing like Overture and Imperial Lofts.  They even have their own waterfront silos at the sugar mill redevelopment site.

Given the similarity in design and roofing materials across these buildings, do you think there's a specific reason developers are favoring this style for the area? For instance, does it reflect a regional preference or is it more about cost-effectiveness and functionality? Also, the mention of waterfront silos at the sugar mill redevelopment site adds a unique industrial touch. How do you see these elements contributing to the area's overall aesthetic and character?

10 hours ago, vilanihisot said:

Given the similarity in design and roofing materials across these buildings, do you think there's a specific reason developers are favoring this style for the area? For instance, does it reflect a regional preference or is it more about cost-effectiveness and functionality? Also, the mention of waterfront silos at the sugar mill redevelopment site adds a unique industrial touch. How do you see these elements contributing to the area's overall aesthetic and character?

Roof Repair Mclean Va

...?