Fairfield Sawyer Heights: Multifamily At 1520 Oliver St.

CrockpotandGravel

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 8:01 AM, 004n063 said:

Forvige my ignorance - are there any plans for the large empty spaces on either side of this building (ie within the area that's currently dirt)?

The actual apartments and presumably some amenity space will be built in the area which is now dirt. They appear to be working on just the parking garage at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saw the crawler crane from a distance so I went by. I'm pretty sure that the crawler crane is not here to assemble pre cast concrete sections but to continue to do a cast in place parking structure. Concrete mixer trucks will continue to bring their product and the crawler will use a bucket to pour in to the forms. I say this because I'm seeing rebar sticking up everywhere on the parking garage and you never see any rebar on a pre cast structure. That plus the crawler doesn't have a main block only the whip line, a main block on the boom enables it to make heavier lifts, I'm not seeing one on the crawler.

cfRBCxS.png

cRYKqdp.jpg

UIDt9f6.jpg

Jgdn7Wt.jpg

kkJMbEW.jpg

lrMc7ab.jpg

3cqcP6W.png

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 5

So the crawler crane is using a single part line on the main boom with a ball. If it had a block it would be either a 2 part or 4 part line which would allow for heavier lifts. They are likely to use the main boom to lift buckets of concrete and the jib whipline for lighter loads.

The crawler is likely going to stay on the crane mats it's sitting on until they are finished. Notice the plumbing is being installed on the section next to Oliver Street.

zodmcmK.jpg

FaKsEIR.jpg

P4SAyjI.jpg

9p4Efuj.jpg

TGDZeXn.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, hindesky said:

Looks like Fairfield has changed the name of this project.

https://www.fairfieldresidential.com/communities/coming-soon/texas/houston-metro

SzNA5XA.png

So, instead of Fairfield Sawyer Heights, the new name for the multi-family development is Heights at 1520.

According to the above post, the apartments are expected to open sometime in 2025.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...