Hotel Saint Augustine At 4110 Loretto Dr.

tigereye

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, clutchcity94 said:

Looking forward to see what they do with that large patch of grass facing Richmond Ave!

You mean the park (which Google Maps calls "Park")?

I don't think that's part of this project. 

That said, it should be something more than it is now. Keep it a park by all means, but it shouldn't be just blank grass and a couple of trees. 

Great for dogs, though.

• Like 1

The Menil masterplan includes building a residential tower eventually on Richmond.

The idea is to add back the number of units demo'd from the old garden apartments that used to be at the park location, but in a smaller footprint. Hopefully that's the next project once the hotel is done.

Edited by MontroseFan
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, MontroseFan said:

The Menil masterplan includes building a residential tower eventually on Richmond.

The idea is to add back the number of units demo'd from the old garden apartments that used to be at the park location, but in a smaller footprint. Hopefully that's the next project once the hotel is done.

That would be awesome.

19 hours ago, MontroseFan said:

If it becomes a residential tower, hopefully they put in a cross walk at the Yupon St / Richmond Ave intersection. Would be convenient to get to the post office.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clutchcity94 said:

If it becomes a residential tower, hopefully they put in a cross walk at the Yupon St / Richmond Ave intersection. Would be convenient to get to the post office.

I doubt it, given the proposed Mandell stop on the University BRT line.

That said, I could see and would support their doing something similar to the modal filters on Main at (e.g.) Anita.

Edited by 004n063

9 minutes ago, MrFubbles said:

If the fenced off area is for parking I will riot

Someone on Nextdoor posted this.........

"There is a sign on the fence that states that it's a drainage project and will be restored as a green space when completed."

Note: The original plans were to add parking along east side of Loretto St. but only about 10-12 spots. So it will use a small portion of the park. This is more likely to be some type of stormwater retention system that will be covered back up as green space.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gene said:

so excited about a Bunkhouse Hotel opening up here finally! 

hope this is so successful that they bring more...

Daphne Hotel in the Heights is also under construction right now (Forney Construction), it too will a Bunkhouse Group hotel, 20th St. @ Ashland St. There is rumor of another one on Montrose Blvd @ Sul Ross St. same owner/developer as the Daphne but don't know if it will be a Bunkhouse as of now.

Montrose only has La Colombe d'Or but it is a high roller hotel, rooms start at $509 per night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

wow didn't know that about Daphne!!!

their hotels in austin really are my favorites especially Hotel St Celia... so just to have anything even remotely similar to that is exciting.

thanks for the info as always!!! (and the always amazing photographs all over this forum!)

The grass area will be filled with either the black tubes or the yellow plastic domes that handle the stormwater.

Tf3GuvS.jpeg

YADskSJ.jpeg

kav7BHs.jpeg

The onsite parking (I think it will have 27-28 parking spots).

8ojlsYS.jpeg

jwvD5ZR.jpeg

PG449ho.jpeg

I4gPtHP.jpeg

The only building that has brick so far.

qniZoF0.jpeg

This will have extra parking for the guests and the hotel workers. The construction workers are required to park here and not on any of the streets surrounding the property in order to keep the peace with the neighbors.

7DrNvXS.jpeg

• Like 8

What a wonderful solution to flooding. Just allow it to collect underground and trap the water in a supportive porous structure. Brilliant! If that is what is meant to happen. Will the water eventually be absorbed back into the soil?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bobruss said:

What a wonderful solution to flooding. Just allow it to collect underground and trap the water in a supportive porous structure. Brilliant! If that is what is meant to happen. Will the water eventually be absorbed back into the soil?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, clutchcity94 said:

Glad to see Bludorn Hospitality is involved with the restaurant planned for Hotel Saint Augustine (4110 Loretto Dr.)

I saw Bunkhouse Management's trademark filing for Perseid last week, but didn't make the connection. Hopefully, we'll see renderings for the restaurant soon.

Below is the link to the Perseid trademark application. It was filed two weeks ago:

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=98492975&caseSearchType=US_APPLICATION&caseType=DEFAULT&searchType=statusSearch