Clark’s At 3807 Montrose Blvd.

thedistrict84

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who used to work at a gas station and car repair shop combo, isn't it weird to build a restaurant on such a lot? I thought oil and such leaking into the ground is a big deal, or do they have to remediate some of that as they construct. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just know it was difficult for the owner of the place I worked out to sell the property.

3 hours ago, X.R. said:

As someone who used to work at a gas station and car repair shop combo, isn't it weird to build a restaurant on such a lot? I thought oil and such leaking into the ground is a big deal, or do they have to remediate some of that as they construct. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just know it was difficult for the owner of the place I worked out to sell the property.

Someone mentioned that when Exxon sold the property they removed fuel tanks and probably remediated the property in order for it to be sold.

3 hours ago, X.R. said:

Let’s just say the “Gulf oysters” at Clark’s will be authentic, if you know what I mean.

Edited by clutchcity94
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Clark’s Oyster Bar

Projected opening date: October 2023

The Austin-based seafood restaurant, owned by MML Hospitality, will open its third location and first Houston outpost in Montrose this summer. Located in a former auto shop on the corner of Montrose Boulevard and West Alabama, the restaurant will offer an all-day menu featuring a wide selection of seafood with a New England influence, including sustainable caviars, oysters sourced from the East and West Coasts, lobster rolls, steaming bowls of chowder and cioppino, and a catch of the day. The restaurant will also focus on shellfish and seafood offerings from the Gulf Coast, plus favorites like its pan-roasted black Angus hamburger topped with gruyere and gribiche sauce (served alongside its snacky shoestring fries), plus fresh-baked sourdough bread. The restaurant will have a dining room outfitted with leather booths, an open raw bar with counter seating, a private dining room and bar area, and an outdoor patio.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, hindesky said:

I'm guessing they open by the weekend.

I doubt Clark's will open to the public this week. My guess, they'll host a preview or two in the coming weeks after staff training.

As for the restaurant's opening at 3807 Montrose Blvd, I'm not sure. It's possible this could open to the public by the end of the month. However, I think it will open early November.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

On 10/19/2023 at 2:04 PM, hindesky said:

According to the cook receiving the restaurant supplies it will be open on Monday the 23rd of Oct. Ton of workers doing last minute work.

The opening date for Clark's has changed. Instead of October 23, the restaurant opens to the public October 22.

As discussed throughout the topic, Clark's / Clark's Oyster Bar is an "American coastal" restaurant from McGuire Moorman Lambert Hospitality (MML Hospitality.) Their Houston outpost is located at 3807 Montrose Blvd.

More about the space from Houston Chronicle a few days ago:

The breezy nautical theme at other Clark’s locations are also true here: a yellow-and-white striped awning, turquoise leather booths, a touch of mid-century modern and 280-gallon fish tank that separates the bar area and entrance from the main dining room.

Houston will be home to the only Clark’s with a private dining room, which sits across the room from a marble-top oyster bar and 23-seat bar made from cypress wood milled locally.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/clarks-oyster-bar-seafood-houston-restaurant-open-18428230.php