Future Redevelopment Of 4910 Montrose Blvd.

HNathoo

I'm normally the first to call for preserving an existing building, but in this case I don't think it's worth it. What I do care about is those trees. Here's what I want

• Some kind local wealth monster donates the millions of dollars it would take to relocate the old growth live oaks to fill in gaps on Main St. 
  • Two oaks are retained and moved slightly to work as street trees
  • A signature 50 story residential tower is built with a small-scale grocer. Maybe a Trader Joe's.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Texasota said:

I'm normally the first to call for preserving an existing building, but in this case I don't think it's worth it. What I do care about is those trees. Here's what I want

• Some kind local wealth monster donates the millions of dollars it would take to relocate the old growth live oaks to fill in gaps on Main St. 
  • Two oaks are retained and moved slightly to work as street trees
  • A signature 50 story residential tower is built with a small-scale grocer. Maybe a Trader Joe's.

Or maybe a Central Market!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've heard the lease is only for 2 or 3 years.......so I'm guessing Levcor is just buying time until they can put together a better development plan and/or find a long-term tenant.

Plus, the Story dude is giving me Joel Osteen vibes.  Lots of drama at St Lukes from that guy.  I hope he ends up far away from Montrose..

5 hours ago, talltexan83 said:

I've heard the lease is only for 2 or 3 years.......so I'm guessing Levcor is just buying time until they can put together a better development plan and/or find a long-term tenant.

Plus, the Story dude is giving me Joel Osteen vibes.  Lots of drama at St Lukes from that guy.  I hope he ends up far away from Montrose..

The Story Pastor - Eric Huffman (*and his wife Geovanna) are NOTHING like Joel Osteen!!! They are both fully ordained pastors of the United Methodist Church of which the The Story is a new church plant that has been growing since its inception about 4 years ago. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pastor said:

The Story Pastor - Eric Huffman (*and his wife Geovanna) are NOTHING like Joel Osteen!!! They are both fully ordained pastors of the United Methodist Church of which the The Story is a new church plant that has been growing since its inception about 4 years ago. 

User name checks out.

22 hours ago, Ross said:

Here's something interesting https://thestory.church/nextchapter/

Building apparently leased to another church.

Booooring

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

38 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

User name checks out.

Booooring

You expected a super tall there? It's a nice building, and a church leasing it reduces the potential for stupid developer tricks for the duration of the lease term.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Those who wish for a world of only highrises and no churches would do well to remember the Grenfell Tower fire in London, when it was the local churches and mosques that provided the first stages of relief for the people left homeless by the fire, as the government social services were mired in bureaucratic inefficiency. Here is an article about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2017/jun/22/after-the-grenfell-fire-the-church-got-it-right-where-the-council-failed

That being said, there is no way this will survive as a church longterm. For the purchase price of $8 million to be adequately returned, it would take an annual lease rate of around $500,000, which would translate to $40/square foot - higher than most of the retail rents in Houston.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Listed as “coming soon”

https://www.levcor.com/properties

Most/all of their properties are retail. I'm in disbelief that we'd actually get retail right there. Its badly needed, just in disbelief. Also, I feel like the neighborhood would fight it. BUT, if we get a little Marq'E mixed with some 19th and Yale from their portfolio in this spot...myyyyyy goodness. It would change the complexion of museum district.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, X.R. said:

Most/all of their properties are retail. I'm in disbelief that we'd actually get retail right there. Its badly needed, just in disbelief. Also, I feel like the neighborhood would fight it. BUT, if we get a little Marq'E mixed with some 19th and Yale from their portfolio in this spot...myyyyyy goodness. It would change the complexion of museum district.  

Just put a Jinya Ramen in there the Midtown location is a pain 😊

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Future Redevelopment Of 4910 Montrose Blvd.
  • 1 year later...