Tempo At White Oak: Multifamily At 2623 Keene St.

Triton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oui Eats is back on LoopNet (https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2645-N-Main-St-Houston-TX/24966013/), with 2,474 SF of space advertised (two out of six vendor spaces). The optimist in me wants to believe that this might be a piece of good news, suggesting they might resume construction soon, and that they might have even retained a few contracts. I guess we'll find out soon enough...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 11:36 AM, southerncrj said:

Oui Eats is back on LoopNet (https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2645-N-Main-St-Houston-TX/24966013/), with 2,474 SF of space advertised (two out of six vendor spaces). The optimist in me wants to believe that this might be a piece of good news, suggesting they might resume construction soon, and that they might have even retained a few contracts. I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Can confirm work has recommenced at Oui Eats!
Drove by a couple of days ago and noticed there was new siding on the N. side of the building.

EDIT: Also visible on the S. side on @hindesky last photo above.

Edited by southerncrj
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hindesky said:

Berkadia is calling this "Tempo at White Oak District" on their Q4 2023 Construction Pipeline Report.

fChZ7Nh.png

Houston Business Journal reported the name in an article back in October. Here's the portion from the paywall article:

In addition, [Marquette Cos.] is currently developing Tempo at White Oak District, a 304-unit apartment complex across from White Oak Music Hall in the Near Northside.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/10/11/marquette-companies-build-to-rent-sylvan-woodlands.html

Tempo at White Oak is located at 2623 Keene St in the Near Northside area.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

Berkadia is calling this "Tempo at White Oak District" on their Q4 2023 Construction Pipeline Report.

fChZ7Nh.png

3 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Houston Business Journal reported the name in an article back in October. Here's the portion from the paywall article:

In addition, [Marquette Cos.] is currently developing Tempo at White Oak District, a 304-unit apartment complex across from White Oak Music Hall in the Near Northside.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/10/11/marquette-companies-build-to-rent-sylvan-woodlands.html

Tempo at White Oak is located at 2623 Keene St in the Near Northside area.

A web domain was registered last month for Tempo at White Oak:

https://www.tempoatwhiteoak.com

Tempo at White Oak is a multifamily / apartment development located at 2623 Keene St. It's in the Near Northside area.

8 hours ago, hindesky said:

fChZ7Nh.png

God I really hope we leave this era of apartment building names in the dustbin of history

2 hours ago, 004n063 said:

God I really hope we leave this era of apartment building names in the dustbin of history

Well for me names are easier to identify the project. I'm not too good at putting a face, or facade, to an address. Even common ones downtown. So names helps me out.

This particular name, thought I do not care for. Doesn't sound catchy.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Tempo At White Oak: Multifamily At 2623 Keene St.
21 hours ago, HoustonIsHome said:

Well for me names are easier to identify the project. I'm not too good at putting a face, or facade, to an address. Even common ones downtown. So names helps me out.

This particular name, thought I do not care for. Doesn't sound catchy.

I just meant the trend of "[abstract noun] at [made-up district/neighborhood name]." It's better than the trend of goofily audacious-sounding words from 10-15 years ago (Latitude, Ascend, Catalyst), but not by much.

Not sure I've ever seen anything worse than "Pointe," though. 

• 4 weeks later...

There were way too many things called "White Oak" it confuses the general public so that's probably why they changed the name. At least they didn't call "River Oaks at White Oak"

lS1bdlb.jpg

b6VGpNG.jpg

iSYlGhO.jpg

Kz3ggXO.jpg

wawsVFE.jpg

gQd32n2.jpg

EnAgAyj.jpg

Vv8fwK6.jpg

• Like 6