Shepherd Square Shopping Center At 2075 Westheimer Rd.

hindesky

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/impacts/2020/10/19/target-set-to-open-newest-inner-loop-location/

By Matt Dulin | 12:20 PM Oct 19, 2020 CDT | Updated 12:20 PM Oct 19, 2020 CDT

The new Target store in the Shepherd Square Shopping Center, 2075 Westheimer Road, will open Oct. 25, a company spokesperson confirmed.

The store replaces a former Randalls grocery store footprint with 63,000 square feet and will be Target's fourth Inner Loop location.
  • Like 3

Hi! I drove by this morning after fixing my jeep airbag recall situation (yay me! haha) and there were lots of cars...so driving through the parking lot i see the sign that says Open Oct 25th but then i see a lady coming out with a basket and tons of halloween stuff etc...

so i say hey how did you just get to shop in there today and she said oh they are doing a soft opening! 

so sure enough, despite all the signs saying Open Oct 25th, it is indeed open and while it feels more intimate (perfect for this area/Montrose), it is super bright and nice! 

everyone was really friendly that worked there saying hello and welcome too!

congrats to montrose...so happy for you guys! :)

• Like 3

awesome! and remember there a BIG reader board stand up signs right at the entrance saying Open Oct 25th...but they ARE open! I even told the manager at the entrance that waved me on in that the sign was up and he said "Yeah that is our official opening day but for now we are doing a soft opening" and while that makes no sense to me to leave the sign up, maybe they don't want it to be toooooo busy so they can slowly train people? 

anyway, Have fun! I love me some Target!

• Like 2

Couple of pics from last Thursday. Overally, was kind of interesting to be shopping in a store where basically everything is laid out nicely. 

Grocery section relatively small. Maybe 1/3 the size of a suburban Super Target? Mostly dry/packaged goods. They did have a small fresh food area. The food items extend back into a dogleg in the back corner of the store, so it's a little bigger than expected. 

I should have taken a pic, but clearly soda delivery not ready yet because the whole soda aisle was just regular coke and diet coke sitting long ways one deep to take up the entire aisle. 

They were also doing a free baked item at Starbucks with any grande drink or larger. 

Store was laid out with women's cosmetics and women's clothing the closest items to the front door/checkouts.

Overall, the selection might be slightly smaller than a larger Target, but they're really utilized the space well. Doing your primary grocery shopping here is not feasible, as expected.

dXmwZQf.jpg

bPpZErp.jpg

Impressively large men's grooming section

mDDNLx6.jpg

AcIGYcJ.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to Shepherd Square Shopping Center Developments
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Shepherd Square Shopping Center At 2075 Westheimer Rd.
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Work has continued, I asked the two guys next door at Premier Martial Arts if they knew what it would be and they both confirmed a Wingstop. Assuming they must have talked with the workers making lots of noise.

Vos3mFi.jpeg

jQGRN2j.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...