UNITi Montrose: 9-Story Apartments At 701 Richmond Ave.

CrockpotandGravel

5 hours ago, texan said:

The best opportunity will likely be during confirmation of Whitmire's nominees by the Houston City Council. Hopefully there's enough transit advocates on city council to derail (pun intended) King's appointment. Otherwise hope he doesn't have enough influence to create more transit dissidents on Metro's board. (Now back to UNITi, we can discuss this in another thread)

Yeah let's keep it on topic. Let me just finally point out that none of this is official. This is just word of mouth I'm hearing. If it's still Sanjay then good but we'll see. When is this supposed to happen? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MrFubbles said:

A pool that will never see the sun

The Star has a pool like that — down a deep concrete well.  It's not appealing to me.  

Some people must not mind it because it gets a lot of use.  But the noise echos up and reverberates off the concrete and glass amplifying even normal use into an awful racket.

Then again, I once lived in an apartment building that had a pool in a dark basement, and it only had a six-foot ceiling so unless you were in the water, you had to stoop.  Thinking about it now, it was creepy as hell.  But I didn't seem to care at the time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, KirbyDriveKid said:

We think that pool gets, what, a combined 3 hours of sunlight per year?

Might be planning the best summer solstice party in town, though. 

Rent starts at $1200. That’s less than a mediocre garage apartment in the neighborhood.

• Like 2