Ironworks Campus - 711 Milby St.

Spoke to Kaldis there will be a boardwalk in the middle of the container spaces which will be leased individually. RR's have graffiti tiles and he has already leased out a few spots to high end clients. Overall great looking building...

Edited by 2ndwardOG
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 2ndwardOG said:

Spoke to Kaldis there will be a boardwalk in the middle of the container spaces which will be leased individually. RR's have graffiti tiles and he has already leased out a few spots to high end clients. Overall great looking building...

Do you know if they're meant to be office/co-working spaces or small-scale retail popups (akin to Boxpark in London) or something else entirely?

On 11/18/2020 at 10:18 AM, linearmovement said:

That's incredible news. Boxpark is awesome and if this turns into something remotely similar it'll be a great draw for the neighborhood.

2 minutes ago, 2ndwardOG said:

Yes the building itself has such great character. I am excited to see the small retail spaces interacting with the larger work spaces in a urban warehouse environment. Not to mention its just a short bike ride away from my house.

Edited by 2ndwardOG
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I really hope there is some future restaurant option coming in, but it seems unlikely, given the current climate. Also, long term, closing/cutting off the McKinney RR crossing would limit customers.

The neighborhood is doing well given the slump in oil and overall economy. That lot next to Baytown Seafood is being cleared and will surely sprout the newest townhouse farm at any time. A realtor opening up in a renovated warehouse is cool and very appropriate. 

2 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

I really hope there is some future restaurant option coming in, but it seems unlikely, given the current climate. Also, long term, closing/cutting off the McKinney RR crossing would limit customers.

The neighborhood is doing well given the slump in oil and overall economy. That lot next to Baytown Seafood is being cleared and will surely sprout the newest townhouse farm at any time. A realtor opening up in a renovated warehouse is cool and very appropriate. 

While a restaurant would be really nice here. I'm hoping for something tech related to create some job for the area. Even a co-working space could work.

Edited by j_cuevas713

Two pieces of land being replat as "unrestricted reserve" right next to this location. Owned by Tilly Investments. Called "Milby Development" and "Walker Development", respective to their location. The Kaldis area is in black, new development plans are highlighted in yellow:

image.thumb.png.34aca97569d36d64e356fe695821d452.png

Such a great location but I could see this eventually turning into townhomes. Can't find anything on the web for commercial development.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, linearmovement said:

3810 Walker is a cool old house I always hoped would be restored to its former glory; the adjacent lot and the one across the street are both empty and usually overgrown, so the prospect of any kind of construction on those is exciting.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 3.34.43 PM.png

I drive by this house everyday for work and have always thought the same thing. I'm curious if we could work with a group to move it elsewhere in the neighborhood. I've seen Bullethoof do amazing work, and those at the Plant House have to be familiar with the process. Anyone know them? I'm down to get a little vocal about it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/19/2021 at 3:36 PM, linearmovement said:

3810 Walker is a cool old house I always hoped would be restored to its former glory; the adjacent lot and the one across the street are both empty and usually overgrown, so the prospect of any kind of construction on those is exciting.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 3.34.43 PM.png

This house is much older than the HCAD - 1930's built info. says..(nothing new). I'm guessing it is at least from the early 1900's, if not older. The property directly behind the pictured house (all the way to Polk) is listed as the "Brady Estate" (Map, year 1908). Wondering if this house has a link to J.T. Brady.

Edited by NenaE

9 hours ago, NenaE said:

This house is much older than the HCAD - 1930's built info. says..(nothing new). I'm guessing it is at least from the early 1900's, if not older. The property directly behind the pictured house (all the way to Polk) is listed as the "Brady Estate" (Map, year 1908). Wondering if this house has a link to J.T. Brady.

Nothing new indeed. HCAD lists our house as built in 1939, but I was chatting with a local realtor who knew the former owners of the house who had done some research into its history and it seems more likely it was built around 1918.

The built dates in HCAD are wrong for most of the older properties. I think was an artifact of the digital conversion project. For tax purposes, that date is not too relevant, and digging through 100 years of records wouldn't make sense in terms of cost. They may have used dates from the block books, but that's just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Segundo Coffee is up and running - they have a stand set up so they can serve during the build out of their shipping container space. They currently plan to be open MWF around 8am, though they were open this morning as they'll be closed tomorrow in preparation for an event they're doing on Saturday.

Edited by linearmovement
  • Like 6

• The title was changed to Warehouse Purchased In EaDo
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, 77011transplant said:

So cool inside. And Segundo has some solid coffee and baked goods from Koffeteria!

I'm going to have to give Segundo another chance. I ordered a latte and asked how many espresso shots it came with and the two people working told me none 😑 and it wasn't good, super muddy sediment at the bottom.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

I'm going to have to give Segundo another chance. I ordered a latte and asked how many espresso shots it came with and the two people working told me none 😑 and it wasn't good, super muddy sediment at the bottom.

That's too bad. I got a latte, and it reminded me of Xela which I enjoy. It was kind of pricey though. 

48 minutes ago, 77011transplant said:

That's too bad. I got a latte, and it reminded me of Xela which I enjoy. It was kind of pricey though. 

$5.50 for a cold brew was a little rich for my blood. That said, I'm glad to have the option if there's a stopped train blocking my path to any of the shops north of Harrisburg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, linearmovement said:

$5.50 for a cold brew was a little rich for my blood. That said, I'm glad to have the option if there's a stopped train blocking my path to any of the shops north of Harrisburg.

Coral Sword isn't too far down Telephone ;) No train track to cross.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, samagon said:

does anyone know who their roaster is?

it's a new roaster in midtown. forgot the name already.

$5.50 for a 12oz latte though.

I was more interested in seeing the space, there's this coffee shop, and 2 small shops. I hope they get more tenants, it's a neat looking space.

• Like 2