Mexicans Taking Over Houston

citykid09

Mexicans! Mexicans! Mexicans! There everywhere. They don't speak english, but they sure can speak english when it's about money, but they're cool people. I have no problems with mexicans, nor any other races out there. I sure love them mexicans females they're beautiful, and love to make babies. That's why I have to get me one, cause they are family people.

I love this post.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Believe me, I've worked with some "agencies" and most of the people I've dealt with will generally be satisfied if  they 'lure' away the employee, or simply get a relative to help out a neighbor's kid or something. 

I had a friend who worked with the INS and we walked into a resturant (he graduated just a few months earlier and it was the first time he wore the uniform "out" on the way too or from work.  We went to a denny's and the place cleared out.

From what I understand, the poor owner of the place took weeks to find new help.

Ricco

In El Paso they have a Border Patrol museum. When I visited there in 1998 I got a shirt with the Border Patrol/INS logo on it. I thought it was interesting, but didn't think much of it until the day I wore it into the Fiesta on the border of Midtown and the Museum District. Everyone was staring at me. A couple of weeks later I had it on when the pizza delivery guy arrived. He looked like he wanted to run away.

La Migra!

Anyway, "Print It" is for when the Web site crashes.  You'll have it in writing.

Looks like Mr. Coog has been around hispanics and Mexicans a little longer than it appears. Maybe he has taken all of us for a ride, and, he is, as a matter of fact, Mexican American!!! That would be a riot.

In El Paso they have a Border Patrol museum.  When I visited there in 1998 I got a shirt with the Border Patrol/INS logo on it.  I thought it was interesting, but didn't think much of it until the day I wore it into the Fiesta on the border of Midtown and the Museum District.  Everyone was staring at me.  A couple of weeks later I had it on when the pizza delivery guy arrived.  He looked like he wanted to run away.

haha! :lol:

Of course, the razor cuts both ways. In addition to there being sizable Mexican populations in the United States, there are big American communities in Mexico. They build American-style houses, drive American cars, even get the USA Today delivered on a daily basis. They're like little microcosms of America within Mexico. For the most part they are populated with retirees, but the average age is falling. They refuse to learn the language, and refuse to adapt to local customs. KHOU did a very long and interesting piece on them a few years ago when a bunch of them found out they did not actually own the land their homes were on -- they were taken by local con artists preying on the immigrant population.

And on another note -- My wife is friends with a woman who is a Canadian citizen who is living as an illegal alien in a small town north of Mexico city where she runs a corner convenience store. It takes all kinds.

• 1 month later...

I posted a little thought on how I feel abotu them below on that thread

MY Thought on the vast majority of Mexicans

But my personal experience is that the vast majority of then Mexicans coming over here just want the money and better living not to integrate or even try to. Many of them immediately apply for food stamps and welfare and never get off. They use our clinics and health care system, clog up our streets and mess up the neighborhoods. After it gets even to messy for them then they move on and take over another neighborhood. Much of Houston financial problems are due to the among of immigrants using up all of the free services and stuff available. I see this everyday. If they were coming here for a better life then why not show it.

But my personal experience is that the vast majority of then Mexicans coming over here just want the money and better living not to integrate or even try to. Many of them immediately apply for food stamps and welfare and never get off. They use our clinics and health care system, clog up our streets and mess up the neighborhoods. After it gets even to messy for them then they move on and take over another neighborhood. Much of Houston financial problems are due to the among of immigrants using up all of the free services and stuff available. I see this everyday. If they were coming here for a better life then why not show it.

:blink:

Thanks for stopping by.

Whether they just jumped across the Rio Grande or they have been here for five generations -- if they are looking for a handout, I don't respect them.

However, if they are willing to work hard and earn money legally. They will have my respect. No matter their color or nationality.

but remember, there are far far more more blacks and whites draining the welfare rolls than mexicans. you also tend to see them (migrant mexicans) hanging around street corners looking for work while blacks and whites are looking for hand outs. i can understand your fustration but your anger is musguided as i see language as being the single most significant problem, everything else (too me at least) is a non issue.

but remember, there are far far more more blacks and whites draining the welfare rolls than mexicans. you also tend to see them (migrant mexicans) hanging around street corners looking for work while blacks and whites are looking for hand outs. i can understand your fustration but your anger is musguided as i see language as being the single most significant problem, everything else (too me at least) is a non issue.

i agree and i'm black. at least they hang around corners looking for work than standing around looking for a handout.

• 2 months later...
I was in Houston the other week helping my sister move in here new apartment and I noticed that with out the cable on the TV hooked up There were at least 6 Mexican Channels Coming through. Then while fliping through radio stations, I noticed alot were in Spanish. I figure soon they will turn ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX in to Mexican channels. What is going on? Can we not enjoy American Entertanment any more because we must accomidate Mexicans and their entertanment. I don't think it's right! More and more illegal aliens are taking over and no one is acting on it. They come to America and think that we should learn Spanish to talk to them and they don't want to learn English. Alot of them pretend to be Dumb and act like the don't know a word of English when they do something wrong. Do you all think I am being prejudice for thinking this way or am I telling the truth?

THIS JUST IN: Houston FM Radio Station KTRS 92.1 has just fliped from Modern Rock for the 1990s and early 2000s to am "Mexican Hits Station"

this, as well as a good part of louisiana, california and the like used to be mexico ... so what's the problem? i feel they are the rightful heirs anyhow.

This Is Not Mexico People! Please adapt to our culture!

but at one time, this was mexico. that point seems to be missing from this conversation. it's my opinion that they are simply reclaiming their lands... they obviously never forgot the alamo.

i'd say we'd all do better learning spanish and an appreciation for all cultures. houston is a melting pot (black, white, hispanic, asian, east indian, african, jewish) ... we better all learn to get along soon as there will be about 6M of us in the VERY near future ... overtaking the 3rd place ranking now held by chi-town.

i'd rather appreciate, respect, and love the marvelous diversity of 5,999,999 other people than be at odds over language, culture, and ethnicity, and class. that thinking is so 20th century.

it's a new day folks.

this, as well as a good part of louisiana, california and the like used to be mexico ... so what's the problem?  i feel they are the rightful heirs anyhow.

It used to be France, too, so where's the French-language station? I feel they are the rightful heirs anyhow.

While it's nice for people to have a basic understanding of the region's history, it's better to have a complete understanding of the region's history or they end up sounding like Peggy Hill.

If you want to become 100% politically correct, then you must first recognize the original inhabitants of this region: the Native American.

Spaniard, French, & English influence came much later, and with much violence.

Point taken.

Not to get too far off topic (What? On HAIF?) but before I moved to Houston I did a lot of reading about the area. One of the things that struck me was that the local indians, Karankawa I believe, had little contact with other native American tribes in the region. The others considered the Karankawa savages, in part, because of the way they smeared themselves with bear grease to keep the mosquitoes away and more importantly because they were cannibals.

I know that over the years there has been lots of evidence of cannibalism among the tribes of the southwest, but it's usually in places like Utah and New Mexico. I've only heard this said of the Karankawa one other time, on some show on KUHT. Has anyone else seen this in print?

It used to be France, too, so where's the French-language station?  I feel they are the rightful heirs anyhow.

While it's nice for people to have a basic understanding of the region's history, it's better to have a complete understanding of the region's history or they end up sounding like Peggy Hill.

i don't see the french moving back here in droves ... the spanish speak population is ... i guess if the french or germans took more of an interest here then we might have more of an outcry too. who knows?

and who the heck is peggy hill?

The French of the south were ran off to Nova Scotia. Then then inhabited Canada to the west. Maybe people from the northern states are having troube with Canadians who only speak french and are illegal. Anyone know?

I don't think Mexicans' are trying to "reclaim" their land. I think they're looking for a job. Does it have to be more complicated than that? The coincidence is that we live on the border of Mexico. I'm sure if we shared a common border with 10 countries, then we'd have 10 different nationalities sneaking over the border.

Don't forget that illegals come from Southeast Asia, Central America, The Carribean, West Africa, East Europe, & the Middle East. We just see the Mexicans (and Hispanic culture in general) more because of region.

agreed. so lemme ask this question...

what do you see the population of houston looking like in 5, 10 years. it seems to be already hovering around 30% hispanic (sorry, i do not know the other breakdowns). seems like los angeles is the closest big city to mirror our ethnic makeup and they seem to be doing okay ... no? although, now that i think about it, they did make several proclamations banning bi-lingual education and (if i am not mistaken) banning certain types of aid to illegal immigrants. does anyone know the status of these now?

i don't see the french moving back here in droves ... the spanish speak population is ... i guess if the french or germans took more of an interest here then we might have more of an outcry too.  who knows?

and who the heck is peggy hill?

It's not a question of the Germans or French moving in in droves. They're already here. The Census bureau tally shows the number one ethnic heritage group in America is Germans. The difference is that they've assimilated better because they had more time, and more of their people arrived through legal channels.

And the French have a pretty strong presence in Texas. That's why you can order TV5 on Time-Warner (it's pretty entertaining), and why there's a large chapter of Alliance Francaise in most Texas cities. They just don't go throwing it in other people's faces driving down Westheimer with Tri-Colors flapping in the breeze thumping out accordion music and leaving half-eaten baguettes all over the place.

Archived