METRO Next - 2040 Vision

yaga

5 hours ago, BEES?! said:

I take any and everything posted on Reddit with a massive grain of salt.

I need to watch this board meeting to understand the context (And I've been so busy I haven't gotten around to it...), but it sounds like OP of that Reddit thread heard some anti-transit groups making comments on the floor at the meeting, the METRO board didn't reply to them, and so now s/he's extrapolating that to mean that the METRONext projects are in danger because the board's "silence [on the comments] speaks volumes". People are over there getting whipped up into a massive frenzy and you get the usual regurgitated Reddit talking points/ unhelpful sarcasm in the comments, and anyone with common sense gets buried in the hysterics.
🤦‍♂️

Rabid, frothing hyperbole originating from highly questionable assumptions on Reddit? I can't believe it!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Much uproar about nothing. Unless the meeting agenda lists a METRONext item, the board will not (or should not, at least) discuss it. Even if there is an agenda item about METRONext, board discussion won't take place during public comment. 

image.png.de99709bb9e083ae13d1244f37bc6652.png

I did find the comments that Veronica Davis and David Fields tried to "kill" METRONext interesting. I don't know them personally, but I followed them on social. They didn't strike me as anti-public transit. 

• Like 3

and this too.

Dollar General Bill White though.

I mean, I will say that every time I drove on this stretch, 1/4 of the cars didn't pay attention to the lane directions anyway.

Edited by samagon

6 hours ago, samagon said:

and this too.

I mean, I will say that every time I drove on this stretch, 1/4 of the cars didn't pay attention to the lane directions anyway.

That’s actually pretty damn good. It’s amazing what a little paint can do subconsciously. Nobody ever complained about the bus lanes. So now I’d like to see what his excuse for this is. 

Edited by j_cuevas713

10 hours ago, samagon said:

and this too.

I know, lots of enforcement issues. Seems like 4/5 of the driers have no problem speeding. 

51 minutes ago, Some one said:

More hysterics

We'll see. There are new bus stop signs showing up on the northern side of downtown on Travis St where the stops were previously removed when the red paint was first rolled out. Part of the project was to remove bus stops where right turns are. 

Edited by Justin Welling

44 minutes ago, Justin Welling said:

We'll see. There are new bus stop signs showing up on the northern side of downtown on Travis St where the stops were previously removed when the red paint was first rolled out. Part of the project was to remove bus stops where right turns are. 

That is concerning and I don't understand why they would do that.

2 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

And are they really reactivating bus stops?  I noticed one of the deactivated stops last night.  It still had the shelter and a sign, but the sign said the bus stop was closed.

I think the first phase is just testing the removal of the paint. I HOPE they repaint them but I think they will remove them for the sake of maintenance cost. 

14 hours ago, Triton said:

What do you mean?

The test was to see how easy it was to remove the paint if Metro needed to repaint the lanes. It looks like Metro is try to penny pinch any way possible to cut the cost of needing to repaint so frequently. Based off the work they’ve done it appears they’re going to cut that cost in half while also reimplementing the diamond design. 

On 3/13/2024 at 1:56 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

Yeah it also looks like this will be the painting moving forward to cut costs

What are you referring to as "this"? If it is the photos that @Triton posted, then those are photos of the red lane design. The red lanes do not have red where the right turns are and do not have red at the end of the hov lanes at each block (which is what their photo shows). The only thing @Triton is showing are the decommissioned stops having their shelters being reinstalled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, j.33 said:

What are you referring to as "this"? If it is the photos that @Triton posted, then those are photos of the red lane design. The red lanes do not have red where the right turns are and do not have red at the end of the hov lanes at each block (which is what their photo shows). The only thing @Triton is showing are the decommissioned stops having their shelters being reinstalled. 

Correct.

3 hours ago, j.33 said:

That's my bad. I've been balancing so much nonsense coming from the mayors office I didn't realize this was still the current design. 

• Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 12:41 AM, Triton said:

They reactivated the one next to the JPMorgan Chase Tower on Travis.

The stop you referenced remains closed, I.e., inactive.   As do all the other stops at the right turn locations that were closed when the transit lanes weee installed.

Genuinely curious what caused you (and others in this thread) to say otherwise.

Edited by Houston19514

4 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

The stop you referenced remains closed, I.e., inactive.   As do all the other stops at the right turn locations that were closed when the transit lanes weee installed.

What I meant was, they are bringing the stop back to life, not that it was operational. 

On 3/22/2024 at 9:19 PM, Houston19514 said:

METRO put back the stops on Travis in the right turn lane with the route numbers. They were up for around 4-5 days. They have now since been switched back to the bus stop flag that says "stop closed". Attached is a photo of the right turn lane stop at Travis and Preston (photo taken (3/1)). It not is back to saying stop closed (as of 3/23).

Screen Shot 2024-03-23 at 9.39.46 PM.png

Edited by j.33
  • Thanks 2

On 3/23/2024 at 9:39 PM, j.33 said:

METRO put back the stops on Travis in the right turn lane with the route numbers. They were up for around 4-5 days. They have now since been switched back to the bus stop flag that says "stop closed". Attached is a photo of the right turn lane stop at Travis and Preston (photo taken (3/1)). It not is back to saying stop closed (as of 3/23).

Screen Shot 2024-03-23 at 9.39.46 PM.png

somewhat good news for the day