Mixed-Use Development At 1903 Yale St.

txcat84

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Mixed-Use Development At 1903 Yale St.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 1:54 PM, Paco Jones said:

Address:

1903 Yale Street
Houston, TX 77008

Information:

6-story mixed-use building.  Two levels of lease space (approx. 90,000 SF) over three levels of parking.  Ground floor consists of two retail areas, one being 8,200 SF and the other 12,100 SF.  Construction start is anticipated for August 2022.

5 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Neat!

I assume Levcor hired CBRE to lease the office spaces for 19th & Yale, the name of the mixed-use development at 1903 Yale St.

The listing Urbannizer linked from Loopnet is the same office lease listing on CBRE's website. It's possible Levcor may use Shop Companies as the retail leasing agent for this project. 

A description of 19th & Yale from CBRE's site:

New Mixed Use Development in the Heights

Overview
New Mixed-Use development located in the Heights! Excellent location on historic 19th St with convenient access too 610, 45 & I-10, as well as plenty of walking trails and bikeways. 6 story building will offer 2 floors of office space totaling 80,000 RSF with multiple floorplate options, 3 levels of parking, and 20,000 RSF of retail and entertainment space.

https://www.cbre.com/offices/corporate/houston/houston-property-search/details/US-SMPL-84010/19th-yale-1903-yale-street-houston-tx-77008

• Like 6

17 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

The Heights is seriously becoming the staple for how Houston can grow smart, from bike lanes to walkable mixed use. 

The best part is that people actually seem to mostly get it. There was a thread on r/Houston recently complaining about the Shepherd construction, and by far the most upvoted responses were those that explained the project and emphasized the pedestrian improvements.

That said, it's not perfect. It's still a bit of an island. In the next 20 years, I would love to see LRT lines on Washington, Montrose/Waugh/Heights, and Shepherd/Durham, as well as a couple of continuous protected bikeways from (at least) Montrose through the Heights.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

The Heights is seriously becoming the staple for how Houston can grow smart, from bike lanes to walkable mixed use. 

You don't read the Greater Heights Nextdoor, do you. It's full of hate and venom about how the street changes and the new apartments and such are just ruining and destroying their idyllic little world, and the City needs to stop all of this from happening.

• Haha 3

I was thinking about this project during white linen night. I was trying to imagine it being there, and then I was overcome by the thought of all the nextdoor and r/houston posts about this ruining the heights and 19th. I love it and want to see more of this but my god are the NIMBYs gonna be out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, freundb said:

I was thinking about this project during white linen night. I was trying to imagine it being there, and then I was overcome by the thought of all the nextdoor and r/houston posts about this ruining the heights and 19th. I love it and want to see more of this but my god are the NIMBYs gonna be out. 

Let's see, do we want a cool, new, multipurpose development that will offer us several options, or do we keep the ugly ass thrift store that has homeless people taking dumps behind it(saw that with my own, now scarred for life, eyes after leaving the Walgreens drive through), just because it's been there forever and made us feel good when we donated our crappy used clothes there?

9 hours ago, Ross said:

Let's see, do we want a cool, new, multipurpose development that will offer us several options, or do we keep the ugly ass thrift store that has homeless people taking dumps behind it(saw that with my own, now scarred for life, eyes after leaving the Walgreens drive through), just because it's been there forever and made us feel good when we donated our crappy used clothes there?

I’m hoping (and think it’s pretty likely) that they’ll be as successful stopping this as they were stopping Big Tex on 11th and Benny Thunders from being built.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ross said:

35 minutes ago, texan said:

I’m hoping (and think it’s pretty likely) that they’ll be as successful stopping this as they were stopping Big Tex on 11th and Benny Thunders from being built.

Nextdoor NIMBYs and misguided 22-year-old anti-gentrification activists aside, I generally think the prevailing attitude toward development in this city is "oh cool, new thing" and, having grown up in Boston, I can't tell you how refreshing that is.

• Like 6

On 8/26/2022 at 3:23 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The listing Urbannizer linked from Loopnet is the same office lease listing on CBRE's website. It's possible Levcor may use Shop Companies as the retail leasing agent for this project. 

A description of 19th & Yale from CBRE's site:

New Mixed Use Development in the Heights

Overview
New Mixed-Use development located in the Heights! Excellent location on historic 19th St with convenient access too 610, 45 & I-10, as well as plenty of walking trails and bikeways. 6 story building will offer 2 floors of office space totaling 80,000 RSF with multiple floorplate options, 3 levels of parking, and 20,000 RSF of retail and entertainment space.

https://www.cbre.com/offices/corporate/houston/houston-property-search/details/US-SMPL-84010/19th-yale-1903-yale-street-houston-tx-77008

There is a marketing brochure for the offices at 1903 Yale St. The name of this development is 19th & Yale and is being marketed as such - mods may want to consider including the name in the topic title. The brochure is on CBRE's website.

I am having trouble loading the page and can't link to the pdf file. However, I was able to open the pdf file and screengrab a few details. The renderings in the brochure are the same ones shown in the Loopnet listing linked several posts up.

19th & Yale highlights:

• 6 stories

• 15 ft ceiling heights

• Private terraces & green space

• 80,000 sf total office across 2 floors 
    40,000 sf floorplates 

• 3.5/1000 parking ratio 
    3 levels of parking 

• 20,000 sf retail & entertainment space 

yrcrjSm.jpg

urZ2GU6.jpg

19th & Yale office floor plans

z9jHCLZ.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a discussion on Nextdoor about 19th & Yale (or 19th and Yale,) the mixed-use development planned for 1903 Yale St. As mentioned, the mixed-use will be located on the property of the former Sand Dollar Thrift Store.

Some are looking forward to it. There are other who aren't. Those in favor of the development note they like there will be parking garages. Most in opposition of 19th and Yale voice concerns of more traffic and the building's size.

https://nextdoor.com/p/Gx_PrjSf8r8r

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 2:24 PM, Ross said:

You don't read the Greater Heights Nextdoor, do you. It's full of hate and venom about how the street changes and the new apartments and such are just ruining and destroying their idyllic little world, and the City needs to stop all of this from happening.

Every time I hear about Nextdoor, it always is about NIMBYs or something related to exclusionary practices.

Why is that?