Sharpstown Mall/PlazAmericas At 7500 Bellaire Blvd.

swzine

because I don't want to see some fools dirty boxers or some whores thong and I don't think people with kids should have their kids exposed to that......we wear cloths in America as they do in the vast majority (all) of the civilized countries in the world.....even in liberal europe where topless on the beach is acceptable I am sure most would think one is a fool if they walked around with their pants down to their knees especially if they knew it was imitating prison life...obviously the whole "civilization" thing has been lost on you

Heh, you can tell that his boxers are dirty? How close a look are you taking?? Anyway, I don't really see any women doing the baggy pants thing, not to the extent where a thong can be seen, anyway. Its much more of a male thing.

because I don't want to see some fools dirty boxers or some whores thong and I don't think people with kids should have their kids exposed to that......we wear cloths in America as they do in the vast majority (all) of the civilized countries in the world.....even in liberal europe where topless on the beach is acceptable I am sure most would think one is a fool if they walked around with their pants down to their knees especially if they knew it was imitating prison life...obviously the whole "civilization" thing has been lost on you

I don't want to see it either, and generally don't look. But more than boxers showing, I hate seeing cr*ck! I hate it.

But I also hate seeing people with tattoos, people wearing house shoes outside, and people with rollers in their hair outside.

But again, it's not that big a deal and if that is how they want to present themselves to the world, God bless 'em.

I don't want to see it either, and generally don't look. But more than boxers showing, I hate seeing cr*ck! I hate it.

But I also hate seeing people with tattoos, people wearing house shoes outside, and people with rollers in their hair outside.

But again, it's not that big a deal and if that is how they want to present themselves to the world, God bless 'em.

that is all fine and good.....but some come on these forums and vilify those who judge those people and the areas they trash as some place they find no desire to be a part of

you know they "judge" you for having an opinion on what is acceptable.....but have no acceptance for the fact that you might not desire to be any part of it....they imply that only wealthy white people would dare cast a disapproving glance at some things or pull out the race card....you know implying that only certain races do those behaviors (you know it is called stereotyping) but that is all ok because they are the crusaders for the acceptance of the down fall of society and the rest of us are just ALL WHITE snobs and elitist.........the wonders of the "open minded"

just because "black and Mexican" pops into your head when you hear stories of areas filled with crime and areas that have been trashed does not mean you have to transfer your guilt about thinking that to the rest of us.....if you hate it being veiled then come right out and admit that is what comes into your mind......or is that what your post was trying to admit

I suppose you'd prefer your racism guilt free?

I thought Sharpstown went down to Hillcroft. (Wasn't the old Sharpstown Drive-in at Bellaire and Hillcroft?} Definitely gets REAL bad on the other side of Hillcroft. Either way I agree that side of 59 is trash but at one time it was really nice.

Sure but you don't have to denigrate everybody else's ethnicity/culture to do it.

I didn't I denigrated those that can't find pants that fit, learn to use a belt, refrain from swilling cheap beer while walking down major streets, tear up everything they live around, commit crimes all around their area, thump their music to disturb their neighbors, join gangs, pimp, ignore education, refuse to work, abuse social aid programs and the like

it is others on here that suddenly try and call that "culture" or say that describes one race or another....I don't, I denigrate all that do it no matter who they are or what color, race, or ethnic makup they are....those are not "cultural" norms they are antisocial ignorance that the vast majority of civilized society wants no part of that is why they move away or avoid the area when people who behave this way start to show up in large numbers

I'm with you TexasVines. I can't stand ignorant, lazy people that are a drain on our society. I don't care what race/color they are. Seems whenever you bring up these abominations the PC police assume your talking about a particular race/culture and have no right to do so.

I'm with you TexasVines. I can't stand ignorant, lazy people that are a drain on our society. I don't care what race/color they are. Seems whenever you bring up these abominations the PC police assume your talking about a particular race/culture and have no right to do so.

There are plenty of bad apples in all races. If someone assumes you're talking about a particular race when you point out bad behaviour doesn't that make them the racist?

I didn't I denigrated those that can't find pants that fit, learn to use a belt, refrain from swilling cheap beer while walking down major streets, tear up everything they live around, commit crimes all around their area, thump their music to disturb their neighbors, join gangs, pimp, ignore education, refuse to work, abuse social aid programs and the like

Ah, cheap beer, I see. How much do they need to spend on their beer?

Ah, cheap beer, I see. How much do they need to spend on their beer?

Maybe they should be sipping Pinot Grigio instead. It makes more sense to drink wine when walking the streets, as I know from experience that walking with beer makes the beer go flat fast.

Maybe they should be sipping Pinot Grigio instead. It makes more sense to drink wine when walking the streets, as I know from experience that walking with beer makes the beer go flat fast.

I don't care if it's a $1000 bottle of scotch. If you see people walking around in the middle of the day drinking alcohol on the streets you're probably in a bad neighborhood.

Actually he said "refrain from swilling cheap beer while walking down major streets". I imagine it would be OK to drink cheap beer in your home or at a bar.

Yeah, but what about swilling expensive beer while walking down major streets? I know your thoughts, but I'm curious what his are! And if he has a problem with that as well, I wonder why he bothered to make the distinction!

Yeah, but what about swilling expensive beer while walking down major streets? I know your thoughts, but I'm curious what his are! And if he has a problem with that as well, I wonder why he bothered to make the distinction!

since I have never seen people swilling expensive beer walking down the streets that does not seem to be an issue....I have seen one guy stealing expensive beer after a major storm though, but that was a different deal

and the vast majority of those I see swilling the cheap beer on major streets in the middle of the day should probably be a lot less concerned with alcohol consumption and more concerned with finding a job

back on topic.

sorry if this has already been covered but just giving some insight on the mall. they foreclosed on tracy suttles about a year or so ago. the note holder is actually a group of 150 or so people.. think of it as a group of out-of-state average joes, that are not real estate savy, and its nothing more than a passive investment. in order for them to sell, they need a 100% approval vote. from what ive been told (couple of months ago), several groups approached them but nothing panned out.

sorry to say but i dont believe anything will happen anytime soon...

It would be funny if TV Johnny were one of the 150 financiers.

if that was the case something would be done about it

what I would find funnier is that when something is done about it the people that are trashing the place invade your area and prey upon you and yours.....that would be a hoot :lol::D

I don't see too many white people sipping "40s" during the middle of the day or sagging their pants around Sharpstown Mall. Well, come to think of it, I don't see too many people of any race or culture drinking a "40" and walking down the street near the mall. But of course, we know the demographics of both the mall and the apartments around the mall. And these are the people that many in here are railing against.

As far as laziness goes, how do you even know they don't have a job? Have you polled every assumed "thug." Hmmmm, I'm supposing not. I wish those lazy housewives would get a job and stop walking their ugly dogs in that McMansion infested neighborhood of West University! Oh, they offend me so!

Hm, what would be funny about this??

because then they would be in an area where they are welcomed and out of an area where they are not welcomed.....you seem to find joy in the possibility that myself and another might be taking an investment hit because of losers and trash and you seem to relish their "culture" so why not solve the issue by transfering that culture to your area where you can tolerate them and enjoy their "rich culture" and have it influence your kids daily and make conversation with your wife.....after all what is the big deal they are just people with a different manor of dress, different habits about drinking, different ways of looking at trash disposal, different views on how to treat the places where they live, different opinions on work, and have a few issues with controling their violent ways.....and you seem to welcome it and be very tolerant of it.....they should thrive in an enviornment like yours VS being oppressed in an envoirnment like I would provide for them with all those pesky rules and expectations and puritan cultural clashes

and what is really funny about it is just as I suspected when I even mentioned these scum bags and your area your attitude about them suddenly changed

because then they would be in an area where they are welcomed and out of an area where they are not welcomed.....you seem to find joy in the possibility that myself and another might be taking an investment hit

[Citation needed]

and what is really funny about it is just as I suspected when I even mentioned these scum bags and your area your attitude about them suddenly changed

I live in the Third Ward, my friend. The difference is that I do not feel like I have been violated when I observe a person drinking cheap beer on the street.

back on topic.

sorry if this has already been covered but just giving some insight on the mall. they foreclosed on tracy suttles about a year or so ago. the note holder is actually a group of 150 or so people.. think of it as a group of out-of-state average joes, that are not real estate savy, and its nothing more than a passive investment. in order for them to sell, they need a 100% approval vote. from what ive been told (couple of months ago), several groups approached them but nothing panned out.

sorry to say but i dont believe anything will happen anytime soon...

Thanks for the insight!

I never thought anything big would happen soon at the Sharpstown Mall. It's going to deteriorate for another few years at least before something big happens.

Alas.

In San Diego it used to be legal to drink beer on the street. I think that in Europe you can drink beer on the street if you feel like it. When I lived in California I did that all the time. However, I have never seen anyone do it in Houston.

Edited by N Judah