Texas Tower: Office Skyscraper At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/25/2020 at 12:38 AM, Urbannizer said:

Gorgeous photos, every single one of them!  Thanks goes to the photographer and the poster for sharing one of America's most dynamic and beautiful big city skylines.

• Like 5

I just realized those furred out balcony-like sections on both long sides of the building are actually “off-set”, meaning not centered or symmetrical with each other. I think this makes the building more architecturally appealing. 

• Like 5

I wonder if this will be the 'Heritage Plaza' of today's times--as in the last major office skyscraper downtown for the forseeable future. With the pandemic and so many people working from home, it seems things may 'never' go back to normal and many people will continue working from home. It was a forced experiment that seems to have worked in that people working from their living rooms are equally, if not more, productive than when at the office. Translation: no need for abundant office space. 

I'm only talking office skyscrapers, not condo or apartment towers.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wxman said:

I wonder if this will be the 'Heritage Plaza' of today's times--as in the last major office skyscraper downtown for the forseeable future. With the pandemic and so many people working from home, it seems things may 'never' go back to normal and many people will continue working from home. It was a forced experiment that seems to have worked in that people working from their living rooms are equally, if not more, productive than when at the office. Translation: no need for abundant office space. 

I'm only talking office skyscrapers, not condo or apartment towers.

Highly doubt it. My company is having everyone come back to office 500+ employees.

Working from home while nice is less productive than office work.

Trust me haha so many distractions

• Like 7

2 hours ago, enriquewx91 said:

Highly doubt it. My company is having everyone come back to office 500+ employees.

Working from home while nice is less productive than office work.

Trust me haha so many distractions

For you it may be more distracting and less productive, but for many it is more productive to work from home. Not as many chatty Cathy/talky Ted types interrupting all day.

• Like 3