1 hour ago, CaptainJilliams said:

Looks great, but to change the subject briefly, gas is back up to $2.40 near River Oaks? I'm up in Jersey Village and it's still only $1.70 - $1.80 tops. 

The more I think about it, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

That one and the one at 610/San Felipe are also a full dollar higher than the average. I hate working in that area because you have to remember to get gas before running out near the office.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

OCaiP67.jpg

Totally off-topic... Anyone ever get the Buttermilk Fried Chicken at Frank's? I rarely eat fried chicken (maybe once a year), but every time I eat at Frank's, I'm tempted. I've had it a couple times, and it is amazing!

Edited by astrohip
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Amlaham said:

Is there a possibility the power lines are going to be buried? 

Haha. That's hilarious. This is Houston, we have an aversion to buried power lines, since no one wants to pay the cost, and Center Point isn't going to do it for free. There's probably a super double secret ordinance that prohibits burial of power lines as well, just to make things harder.

• Like 5

On 8/30/2020 at 9:42 AM, Ross said:

Haha. That's hilarious. This is Houston, we have an aversion to buried power lines, since no one wants to pay the cost, and Center Point isn't going to do it for free. There's probably a super double secret ordinance that prohibits burial of power lines as well, just to make things harder.

You are right he cost would go to the developer. If the lines need to be raised for traffic going in and out, the developer will pay for that too.

• Like 3

I have priced plenty of jobs to bury electrical, the developers never go for it.  Part of the problem is also the shared use agreements that CenterPoint has.  If you bury power then you have to accommodate the fiber and other communication lines that are also on that pole.

Edited by tangledwoods
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...