Chelsea At Museum District: Multifamily High-Rise At 4641 Montrose Blvd.

Urbannizer

I'll take it if it really comes with 5.7k of retail space. Every owner of property around that massive empty lot that has become a magnet for trash and whatever else will be doing cartwheels.

If you get a mini grocer there, you'll have a walgreens, that grocer, the delicious food on almeda, two coffee shops (assuming one gets built in this place), and the food closer to the park all within like a mile and a half of walking. That would be really nice.

I read through the thread, I've read the Davis critiques but...is it weird that I like how this looks? Looks...snazzy 😁

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Chelsea At Museum District
  • 4 months later...

3 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

What was the litigation about? Was this a visa-based investment property?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, X.R. said:

What was the litigation about? Was this a visa-based investment property?

The lawsuit was over fraud to get the investor to put up cash the she thought would go for construction but was actually used to buy the land. The investor wasn’t looking for a green card themselves but alleged she was told there was visa-based (EB-5) money waiting in the wings. She was also apparently told Neil Bush (Dubya’s younger brother) was somehow going to be involved overseeing the project.

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Chelsea At Museum District: Multifamily High-Rise
  • 1 month later...
On 8/20/2021 at 1:27 PM, houstontexasjack said:

I take it the inverstor is a part of Deccan Development- they have a new rendering of The Chelsea.

https://www.deccanco.com/properties/currentprojects

Chelsea+Reduced+3.jpg?format=1500w

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/4/2022 at 3:39 AM, Urbannizer said:

I take it the inverstor is a part of Deccan Development- they have a new rendering of The Chelsea.

That’s curious. She was lured in by the Deccan Development guys and sued them. My best guess would be that her attorneys have kept in touch post-foreclosure. She would only be able to recoup maybe 50 cents on the dollar from selling the raw land, so there could be an incentive to see if the Deccan guys can actually make this happen.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Chelsea At Museum District: Multifamily High-Rise At 4641 Montrose Blvd.