Houston Endowment Corporate Headquarters At 3683 Willia St.

Urbannizer

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 8:40 PM, hindesky said:

I didn't know they were affiliated with this project till I saw the sign on site but Forney Construction is the "Construction Manager as Advisor". They have a few renders on their website.

https://forneyconstruction.com/portfolio/houston-endowment/

Ks74iKV.jpg

SolysNr.jpg

KHI0nNg.png

g2tr6gs.jpg

nxfLOzw.jpg

Wow just wow. Is Houston flexing it's architectural muscles a bit or is it just me? This and the new Islamic Center not too far away are going to be gorgeous. Talk about building smart for the future.

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 5

My apartment sent out a memo that a "big crane" was going to be here over the weekend. I'm not sure what it would be for. 

Dear Resident(s),

The construction team behind our community has notified us that part of Willia St. will be blocked off starting this afternoon through Sunday morning. The space will be needed for a giant crane. 

• Like 4

Are these old renderings? The building now looks like the renders posted on Feb 25th. 

Also, anyone know if there are plans to update Spotts Park? All of the renders show at least minor changes to to the park, but I assume that funding would need to come from the city. I also noticed last summer/fall that they added sever small trees throughout the park. 

4 hours ago, hindesky said:

LRkHVwJ.png

XIunQd1.jpg

impAMMx.jpg

8Zj6T7m.jpg

ZQPftYE.png

MLONszR.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, freundb said:

Are these old renderings? The building now looks like the renders posted on Feb 25th. 

Also, anyone know if there are plans to update Spotts Park? All of the renders show at least minor changes to to the park, but I assume that funding would need to come from the city. I also noticed last summer/fall that they added sever small trees throughout the park. 

I found them here, so they might be old....

https://www.architectmagazine.com/project-gallery/houston-endowment-headquarters_o

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Talked to the Sherriff sitting outside of the construction site, they've been there for at least a couple of weeks now, stopping traffic anytime construction crews are crossing Waugh due to a worker being hit last month by a car. He Said the city currently has no plans to rework the intersection, which was a little disappointing. I don't think them sitting out there is a good use of their time nor a proper long term solution for the increase of foot traffic that will happen once this building is complete. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, pokemonizepic said:

Talked to the Sherriff sitting outside of the construction site, they've been there for at least a couple of weeks now, stopping traffic anytime construction crews are crossing Waugh due to a worker being hit last month by a car. He Said the city currently has no plans to rework the intersection, which was a little disappointing. I don't think them sitting out there is a good use of their time nor a proper long term solution for the increase of foot traffic that will happen once this building is complete. 

Looks like a plan has been submitted,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting how we now have two buildings in Houston that are essentially Boolean forms of one another. This building and the new MFAH building. One with an entirely convex facade, and this one an entirely concave facade.

• Like 7