Schlitterbahn Water Park At 2109 Gene Lucas Blvd.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

there's an article in the chronicle

After delays caused by a fire and Hurricane Rita, Henry said he now has a ''target date" of March 11. The landscaping is finished, and the amusements are being tested. But he and others with Schlitterbahn Waterparks say they have yet to set an opening date.

"March 11 is my target

Where's the indoor part?

Wasserfest....its on your lower right.

It appears that even the river around the Wasserfest area will have a retractable roof paneling as well. Now thats sweet.

EDIT: If I'm not mistaken, I also see another retractable roofed section of the park in the Blastenhoff section of the park. Now this I did not know of. If this is true, it looks like there will be a lot to do, even during periods inclimate weather or during the park's winter season.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone been to Schlitterbahn Galveston yet?170.jpg

If so how is it....worth the drive?

I have relatives that have gone and they liked it, but I wouldn't go until after April 22 when the second portion of the park opens, or July when the third portion opens. It's currently only open on weekends.

i haven't heard about this third portion. i thought 4/22 the whole outdoor section was opening?

Is only part of the below opening in April and the rest in July?

By the 2006 summer season, the park will also include:

* Transportainment

i haven't heard about this third portion. i thought 4/22 the whole outdoor section was opening?

Is only part of the below opening in April and the rest in July?

By the 2006 summer season, the park will also include:

* Transportainment

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Looks great, good for Galveston.

So this is the end of the expansions I am assuming huh?

The Galveston paper said Schlitterbahn bought land adjacent to the park for future expansion, but this is the end for the near future. If that makes sense?

I hope it eventually outgrows the original in New Braunfels. I wonder how long it would take to get to that point.

I hope so, but I doubt it. I believe it has already outgrew the one on South Padre.

• 1 year later...

Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Update - Post Ike

From: Jeffrey Siebert [mailto:jsiebert@schlitterbahn.com]

Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 4:16 PM

Subject: RE: state of Schlitterbahn Galveston Island

Thank you for your email. Clean up is complete and new construction has already begun on park enhancements. While the focus of this year is on our new Kansas park, we have fantastic future plans for Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark in an effort to keep it the area's premier water destination.

We hope to have even more great news to share soon.

Thanks for your comments and keep in touch.

Have a great day,

Jeffrey A. Siebert

Director of Corporate Communications & Sales

Schlitterbahn Waterparks

381 East Austin Street

New Braunfels, Texas 78130

Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 4:14 PM

To: Jeffrey Siebert

Subject: state of Schlitterbahn Galveston Island

Mr. Siebert,

Here in Houston, we haven't heard much about how the Galveston park is faring with the cleanup and revitalization post-Hurricane Ike

Thanks for the update. Good to hear it's being rebuilt.

Does anyone know if Moody Gardens was damaged?

I was there for the Festival of Lights on New Year's Eve and it looked pretty good. Most of the attractions are open, though you can see the swamped sailboats right across the bayou. The Rainforest Pyramid got contaminated with flood water, however, and probably won't reopen until this summer.

And, you didn't ask this, but the folks at the Lone Star Flight Museum have been working their tails off and they are hoping to re-open at the end of the month.

• The title was changed to Schlitterbahn Galveston Island - Post Ike Update
  • The title was changed to Schlitterbahn Water Park At 2109 Gene Lucas Blvd.

Archived