Schlitterbahn Water Park At 2109 Gene Lucas Blvd.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

not much more info then we already had, but it's on their webpage now:

schlitterbahn website

Schlitterbahn is coming to Galveston Island!

We're busy preparing the site for our new Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark next to Moody Gardens. The newest member of the Schlitterbahn family is the first convertible waterpark with closeable sections for indoor/outdoor, year-round fun. Like Schlitterbahn's other two Texas waterparks, the new Galveston park provides unique experiences for kids of all ages. Uphill water coasters, tube chutes, water slides, kiddie playgrounds, surf wave, whitewater rapids, wave pool, hot tub and state-of-the-art Transportainment

• 2 weeks later...

Water park may open this year

Schlitterbahn officials hope Galveston project will be ready in December

By THAYER EVANS

Chronicle Correspondent

RESOURCES

WHAT'S PLANNED FOR THE PARK

A $30 million Schlitterbahn water park is being built on 28 acres in Galveston. Sixteen acres will be for parking, while 12 are for attractions, including:

• 1 month later...

I think it will bring a lot of good income to Galveston, especially with the Winter texans and then summer time crowds.

And now we won't have to drive to New Brauns. to go to Schlitterbahn we can just go to Galveston! :D

On some days Houston's winter temperatures are some of the northern states' summer temps. Who else would open a water park in the winter? I think it's great!

I grew up going to New Braunfel's Schlitterbahn (voted #1 water park by the Travel Channel). I love that we're getting one, too.

FYI, there's a show about Schlitterbahn airing tonight on the Travel Channel. I think it's a repeat.

I check out the SB in Padre a few weeks ago, and it was tiny.

I wonder how the Galveston park will compare.

We spent every summer at Landa Resort in NB in the 70s and 80s. Landa evolved into the SB.

We would see the Henry's there all the time.

I wonder how the Galveston park will compare.

We spent every summer at Landa Resort in NB in the 70s and 80s. Landa evolved into the SB.

We would see the Henry's there all the time.

I remember Landa Resort. My parents and their friends from chuch would go to NB every summer and they'd stay at a place called "The Other Place". The first time they all took the kids along, we stayed there. After that we began staying at Landa resort. Shortly after is when it became Schlitterbahn resort. I haven't been in years. I love New Braunfels.

I think I was ten when one of the sons make the first prototype slide. They were using plastic tarp and a water house.

Looking back, the original Landa Resort was an saftey nighmare, and so much fun.

The wonderful diving board, rickety old green slide, swing roap and tube shute were awesome.

We would either get the kitchenette or a condo with the hot tub. Those were good times.

Anybody remember Warnakee? Never stayed there, but I think SB owns that now, too.

We used to play in the tube shutes at night after the water had drained and walk through the little tunnels; got in trouble by security once.

Our family and friends would get the ones with the kitchenette and the big screened-in porches. You know those yellow cabins? We were all happy when we checked in one year and they had removed that brown "wood" paneling from the walls.

I was always begging my parents to help me build a water slide in our yard coming off the top of our house. LOL!

Stop what? It's time for something new, and Astroworld is old and outdated. It's time for new arrivals in the houston and galveston area.

Astroworld= say bye bye and walk away.

I think they cater to two different type of crowds.

I also like the fact that Schlitterbahn has land in Galveston available for future expansion. Hopefully they can counter whatever the competition throws their way.

I know what you're talking about, right by the RV "neighborhood" and man that is one small Schlitterbahn. I would be quite sad if the one in Galveston would have been rendered like that one, or if it does turn out like that.

I know what you're talking about, right by the RV "neighborhood" and man that is one small Schlitterbahn. I would be quite sad if the one in Galveston would have been rendered like that one, or if it does turn out like that.

One thing is for sure, its not going to be as big as the one in NB. I don't think they want to deter business from their main park.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived