Schlitterbahn Water Park At 2109 Gene Lucas Blvd.

I though of this with my weekend at Schlitterbahn New Braunfels, when will the Schlitterbahn Galveston be open, when will this thing be built. I heard it was going to be completed in May 2005, but I don't think they even started turning the soil yet. Does anyone have any answers?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Daily News reported that because all the red tape issues had taken so long, the groundbreaking was pushed back. That was in July, I think. I haven't been out west in a while so, I don't know if construction has begun or not. Here is a link on Schlitterbahn.com about the Galveston park.... http://www.schlitterbahn.com/pressroom/2004-6-8-a.htm

The Daily News reported that because all the red tape issues had taken so long, the groundbreaking was pushed back.  That was in July, I think.  I haven't been out west in a while so, I don't know if construction has begun or not.  Here is a link on Schlitterbahn.com about the Galveston park....  http://www.schlitterbahn.com/pressroom/2004-6-8-a.htm

The ground breaking has been pushed to September. I read this in one of those free mailer newspapers that keep popping up in my mailbox today. The article is actually about a perceived negative of the new park. It claims that it will negatively impact the park board's tax revenue since it will pull people from the existing beaches.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very strange. For years this aircraft hanger haven't been mention, or some people didn't even know Galveston had an old adandon aircraft hanger. For years it's been untouched, now every since Schlitterbahn won the bid over Landry's the aircraft expoldes in flames, ummmmm. I'm not pointing any fingers, but my guess Landry's was probably in the mix of this cause, or Moody probably want to get some money out of it from the insurance company and had plans to burn it down. Now Schlitterbahn have to redesign the waterpark, that's extra money the company will be spending, and lost of time.

It's some dirty people in this world.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is great news. The more unique, the better.

This has already gotten Six Flags' attention. They will soon announce a new attraction for the long neglected Six Flags SplashTown in Spring. I hope this new "competition" will shake them into improving AstroWorld as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived