4 hours ago, mls1202 said:

Nah, it is $300K to renovate the interior.  If anything, this looks to cement it's place in the neighborhood for the next few years :( 

I think the 300K is to renovate one of the GFR spots inside this tower - Meaning the WF catty-corner at 2801 Kirby will likely not be around too much longer. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, AREJAY said:

I think the 300K is to renovate one of the GFR spots inside this tower - Meaning the WF catty-corner at 2801 Kirby will likely not be around too much longer. 

Ah, you're right!  I didn't catch that they were at the same Kipling address (kinda obvious in retrospect).  Makes sense to move it into the building and then demolish the old one!

• Like 4

On 8/11/2020 at 9:06 AM, Avossos said:

Aggressive... 40 years...

Very unusual for a ground lease to be extended 40 years. Most likely this is some combination of a 10-20 year lease with multiple 5-year renewal options. So Beck's has 40 years of ground control but isn't boxed in for all that time.

Also, this is almost certainly a net lease so taxes would be passed through to the restaurant and not affect the land owner.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/17/2020 at 3:06 PM, AREJAY said:

Well Fargo sign is now up on the bottom floor of the tower and if I noticed correctly has also been removed from the one story building across the street. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 10:40 AM, HoustonBoy said:

Great video! Question, is the landing/balcony area at 11 seconds a maintenance area or is it a sort of covered balcony/lounge area?

From what I've seen on their website, Facebook and Instagram photos and videos, they advertise two terraces, the one with a pool and the other with the outdoor fitness center, both on the 9th floor if I'm not mistaken.

The landing/balcony area at 11 seconds seems to be where they have placed the AC units for that part of the building.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Hanover River Oaks
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 8:05 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

The post below was originally posted in this thread October 2, 2019. Since all of my content on the forum was deleted, I'm reposting this.

Update on a ground floor retail tenant coming to Hanover River Oaks at 2651 Kipling, Houston:

Some sort of Mexican or Mexican-influenced restaurant will be one of the tenants here.

Legal documents were filed with the county this week by HRO Property Owner LP. The tenant listed in the agreement is Flora Mexican Kitchen.

There's a Flora Mexican Kitchen LLC and a trademark registered last year. The restaurant is tied to Clark Cooper Concepts (Ibiza, The Kitchen at the Dunlavy, Punk's Southern Food)

In June, Charles Clark and Grant Cooper sat down with CultureMap and hinted more projects may be coming. Flora Mexican Kitchen is one of them.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/06-27-19-whats-eric-eating-podcast-charles-clark-grant-cooper-clark-cooper-concepts/ 

On 9/16/2020 at 9:25 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Mini Hanover will be Flora, a Mexican restaurant by Clark Cooper Concepts.

https://www.clarkcooperconcepts.com/

DnkgMno.png

Wells Fargo Kirby will have a branch inside HRO.

fJdbXZz.png

Flora, a Mexican-inspired restaurant concept from Clark Cooper Concepts may no longer be in the works for Hanover River Oaks at 2651 Kipling in Houston.

I think the hospitality group changed course. Flora is opening elsewhere. There are recent hiring posts indicating Flora is replacing the Dunlavy and the Kitchen at the Dunlavy, 3422 Allen Parkway. It's possible this could open before spring.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 4

• The title was changed to Hanover River Oaks: Multifamily At 2651 Kipling St.
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A recent Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations filing indicates a local restaurant operator is leasing a ground floor retail unit at Hanover River Oaks.

The owners behind Kin Dee, a Thai restaurant in the Heights (1533 N Shepherd Dr, Suite 160) have plans to open a restaurant at Hanover River Oaks. According to the filing, the name of the eatery is MaKiin. I think this will be a Thai restaurant as well.

The address for the restaurant is 2651 Kipling St, Suite 101. 

Additional details about the space from the filing:

• The restaurant will be 3,000 sq ft
  • Estimated start of buildout is January 2023
  • Estimated completion is April 2023

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Print/TABS2023003179

No website yet, but there appears to be an Instagram for the restaurant:

https://www.instagram.com/makiinhtx

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 4:01 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A recent Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations filing indicates a local restaurant operator is leasing a ground floor retail unit at Hanover River Oaks.

The owners behind Kin Dee, a Thai restaurant in the Heights (1533 N Shepherd Dr, Suite 160) have plans to open a restaurant at Hanover River Oaks. According to the filing, the name of the eatery is MaKiin. I think this will be a Thai restaurant as well.

The address for the restaurant is 2651 Kipling St, Suite 101. 

Additional details about the space from the filing:

• The restaurant will be 3,000 sq ft
  • Estimated start of buildout is January 2023
  • Estimated completion is April 2023

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Print/TABS2023003179

No website yet, but there appears to be an Instagram for the restaurant:

https://www.instagram.com/makiinhtx

On 10/20/2022 at 10:51 AM, hindesky said:

gr6nkAm.png

The owners of Kin Dee, the Thai restaurant in the Heights at 1533 N Shepherd Dr, Suite 160, issued a press release announcing their next dining concept: MaKiin.

Houston Food Finder shares a few more details:

"Lukkaew Srasrisuwan, co-owner of Kin Dee in the Heights, has announced that she is opening a new, upscale Thai restaurant called MaKiin (pronounced Ma-kin) in Spring 2023. It will be on the ground level of luxury high-rise Hanover River Oaks at 2651 Kipling..."

https://houstonfoodfinder.com/news/owners-of-popular-heights-thai-eatery-to-open-upscale-restaurant-in-river-oaks/

• Like 1