How Tall Will Hines Next Tower Be?

How Tall Will Hines' New Tower Grow?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How many floors will Hines' new building have ultimately?

• 41-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-89
    • 90-99
    • 100+

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just be happy, dude. The numbers he threw out are exactly in line w what I've heard which was that it was going to be almost identical in size to BG but will likely top 1M sf.

oh im happy. i just had higher hopes for this after reading the CultureMap article about "Texas sizing".. it will be a very nice addition to the skyline though and i dig the design. the height just didnt seem that significant (at least compared to what i was expecting - ~850-900') until i realized its over 100' taller than BG Place, which is the tallest building completed since 1987. i guess it is pretty significant and will stand out in the skyline from most angles.

i still dont understand how a 9 story crown is less than 60' tall though.. i really hope they didnt lessen the angle of the crown.

Keep in mind that it was the CultureMap headline writer, and not Hines, who called it "Texas sizing".

ahh good point. i didnt put two and two together.

so can we assume this information is correct/from a reliable source? i wish he would chime in about his source and wether or not they changed the height/angle of the crown.

so can we assume this information is correct/from a reliable source?

Until a Hines official says what they changed it to I'm still right! It would be interesting to see if a Houston Real Estate reporter did some digging about that 102 story tower since more than one person seems to be talking about it. Even if it's a wacko's dream with this tower, Chevron's tower, and the multiple shorter(20-30 story) towers going up Houston's skyline is going to look different in a few years. It's an exciting time!

it looks like houstontx wont be around anymore to answer my question as to where he got this supposed info on the Hines tower height from. bummer..

can anyone else explain how a 9 story crown is only 60' tall?

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/23921-springwoods-village-new-community-at-i-45-n-grand-parkway-next-to-exxonmobil/?p=429095

Not to worry.  His supposed information about the Hines tower probably had as good of a source as his story about ExxonMobil's $1 Million tree transplanting job.  With the public information we have, it seem highly unlikely that such precise numbers for the Hines tower even exist at this point in time.

Oh, and... he'll probably be back. He's played this game before when someone dared to question one of his posts.

it looks like houstontx wont be around anymore to answer my question as to where he got this supposed info on the Hines tower height from. bummer..

can anyone else explain how a 9 story crown is only 60' tall?

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/23921-springwoods-village-new-community-at-i-45-n-grand-parkway-next-to-exxonmobil/?p=429095

a 9 story crown cannot be only 60' tall.  Either it is not a 9 story crown, or it is more than 60' tall.

These are uploaded from my iPhone an may not be as big as the original file. If so, I'll have to upload from a desktop when I have time and can get to one.

From a desktop, I think this one is better:

9lny.jpg

post-723-0-17333100-1374798759_thumb.jpg

post-723-0-87008700-1374798772_thumb.jpg

post-723-0-09813100-1374798785_thumb.jpg

wow, thanks a lot! it appears the roof may still be the same angle, they just built up into it a little bit..?
actually comparing it to the side profile rendering of the 41 story version it may be a little less of an angle. its hard to tell. Floors 48 and 49 may be up inside the crown. either way, oh well, at least they kept the same design. it will be a great addition to the skyline.

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster! I love this building and while it won't be a supertall, I think it'll really compliment the skyline quite nicely. I am glad they didn't tweak the crown too much (if at all).

I am not a big fan of gaudy modern architecture so something like this with the sleek lines and slightly angular look is right up my alley. I look forward to posting more. I won't have all the cool insider info but I'll toss my 2 cents in and have fun.

anyone have any idea what "OR" stands for? that appears to be the 49th floor. wish it stood for Observation Room. would be a cool angle of the rest of downtown. i assume MR stands for mechanical room?

my sources tell me it stands for "orgy room".  

sorry no observation allowed unfortunately

And this isn't the original plans before they scaled it down? The 49th floor doesn't really seem like much and seems like it was just kinda thrown in there. Also seems rather quick that they would say that the height and size of the building wouldn't be finalized until the 4th Quarter, but they release the specs in less than 3 weeks.

anyone have any idea what "OR" stands for? that appears to be the 49th floor. wish it stood for Observation Room. would be a cool angle of the rest of downtown. i assume MR stands for mechanical room?

Not sure what OR stands for, but I'm fairly certain it's the roof line. MR stands for Machine Room (elevators). Elevator machine rooms sit above the roof line, which leads me to believe that's what OR is indicating.

Not sure what OR stands for, but I'm fairly certain it's the roof line. MR stands for Machine Room (elevators). Elevator machine rooms sit above the roof line, which leads me to believe that's what OR is indicating.

Perhaps it stands for office roof?

I'm sure it looks like they need the whole block.

drove by the site today.. you are indeed correct. the entrances to the building are fenced off and boarded up with no trespassing signs. i didnt realize it was empty. i wonder if they are going to implode it or take it down slowly? hopefully the former, not just for the awesome show, but so Hines can get on with their work..

DSC06479_zps721acc40.jpg

DSC06477_zpsdbea3147.jpg

drove by the site today.. you are indeed correct. the entrances to the building are fenced off and boarded up with no trespassing signs. i didnt realize it was empty. i wonder if they are going to implode it or take it down slowly? hopefully the former, not just for the awesome show, but so Hines can get on with their work..

DSC06479_zps721acc40.jpg

DSC06477_zpsdbea3147.jpg

That's been fenced off and boarded up that way for a long time. 

That's been fenced off and boarded up that way for a long time. 

yeah, i made myself look like an idiot over on the skyscraperpage forum thinking i was posting something updated. haha. im pretty naive of the Texas Tower and admittedly didnt realize that anything occupied the site Hines is building this tower on until recently. oh well, lol

• 2 weeks later...

Although I think a 100+ storey tower is unlikely right now in DT, why not an 80-90 storey tower that is a couple of hundred feet higher than our tallest? Then again, to fill in our plethora of surface lots, I also would like to see tenant filled 40-60 storey towers. Maybe the next wave of towers will add excellent fill in for the next decade or so, and then when the alternative energy industry really takes off, we all get the iconic 110 storey we all dream about.

Archived