How Tall Will Hines Next Tower Be?

How Tall Will Hines' New Tower Grow?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How many floors will Hines' new building have ultimately?

• 41-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-89
    • 90-99
    • 100+

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason, I dont think Houston will be as significant in the alternative energy industry as it is in oil and gas today. Or am I just wrong?

I don't see how this has anything to do with this topic but I would say that your wrong. Houston is leading with energy companies, we have more energy companies in the world than any other city. The energy industry is booming in Houston. Booming so much we are going to have Generation Park the energy's version of Silicon Valley. On top all of this we have the energy corridor which is a "mini" version of Dubai. The Energy Corridor will soon be home to more energy companies.

BTW I am sorry I went off topic too.

One more time to clarify.....thnx towerspotter.....I only meant the major energy companies have established their signature facilities already and no supertalls are in the works. Was only conjecturing that perhaps So and So Wind Industries or Whatsits Solar Co or Whomevers Wave Corp would be the most likely tenants of our next iconic tower. But of course the course of history will determine the next icon...super tall or not....as always. At any rate my vote is for an 86 to 96 storey icon.

One more time to clarify.....thnx towerspotter.....I only meant the major energy companies have established their signature facilities already and no supertalls are in the works. Was only conjecturing that perhaps So and So Wind Industries or Whatsits Solar Co or Whomevers Wave Corp would be the most likely tenants of our next iconic tower. But of course the course of history will determine the next icon...super tall or not....as always. At any rate my vote is for an 86 to 96 storey icon.

I just went back a page and saw that GoodToBeMe was responding to your quote. I was confused for a minute there thinking it was just random comment thrown onto a topic that didn't have anything to do with this. My Apologies.

I agree this is a prime time for a supertall in Houston. Many people think it aswell.

I don't expect it to be one of the alternative energy companies. they are having trouble holding on to their federal funding much less building signature towers. maybe once that source of energy becomes so relevant that they are rolling in the kind of dough that the energy cos. are. I just don't see them caring or even interested in super talls or signature towers. There too interested in the all mighty dollar and profits. They could care less about signature buildings or aesthetics. There supertall buildings are offshore in the gulf.

Yeah the shale gas revolution has caused a severe setback for renewables.  It's driven natural gas prices down, which make renewables relatively less competitive.  Many of these companies are struggling to survive.  You'll see a more natural gas-focused energy portfolio moving forward, with renewables stagnating unless there is some major breakthrough we're not yet aware of.

• The title was changed to How Tall Will Hines Next Tower Be?
  • 4 months later...

Archived