Meyerland Plaza: Shopping Center At 4700 Beechnut St.

VicMan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Meyerland Plaza
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/2020/01/16/h-e-b-announces-meyerland-store-opening-date/

H-E-B will open its new Meyerland Plaza location Jan. 29 at 4700 Beechnut St., Houston.

The 95,000-square-foot store will offer traditional H-E-B offerings, in addition to a slew of kosher offerings, including a dedicated bakery, butcher, sandwiches, and coffee shop, plus sections stocked with kosher frozen food, seafood and dairy products, said Hugh Sintic, manager for the new location, in an announcement to the Bellaire Business Association on Thursday.

The new two-story building will house 712 parking spots on two levels. The store will sit adjacent to JC Penny, and the two will share walkway space on the second floor, Sintic said.

• Like 1

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/impacts/2020/01/21/amid-nationwide-closures-local-pier-1-stores-to-shut-down/

Local Pier 1 Imports stores in Meyerland, at 110 Meyerland Plaza, Houston, and Rice Village, at 2501 Rice Blvd, Houston, will be closing their doors, though a store in River Oaks, at 1927 W. Gray St., Houston, will remain open. The closing date could not be confirmed with Pier 1 at Meyerland Plaza, though the Rice Village furniture store did confirm it was closing in late March/early April as the store liquidated its assets. The closures come amid a 450-store nationwide reduction for Pier 1, out of 942 total, the company announced in a third quarter fiscal year 2020 business update on Jan. 6.

• 3 weeks later...

Amid nationwide closures, local Pier 1 stores to shut down

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/impacts/2020/01/21/amid-nationwide-closures-local-pier-1-stores-to-shut-down/

Local Pier 1 Imports stores in Meyerland, at 110 Meyerland Plaza, Houston, and Rice Village, at 2501 Rice Blvd, Houston, will be closing their doors, though a store in River Oaks, at 1927 W. Gray St., Houston, will remain open. The closing date could not be confirmed with Pier 1 at Meyerland Plaza, though the Rice Village furniture store did confirm it was closing in late March/early April as the store liquidated its assets.

• 3 months later...

Discount retailer Five Below to open in Meyerland Plaza in June

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/impacts/2020/05/20/discount-retailer-five-below-to-open-in-meyerland-plaza-in-june/

Discount store chain Five Below will open in Meyerland on June 19 at 250 Meyerland Plaza, according to the company’s new location listings online. The chain sells toys, housewares, games and other items that cost up to $5, along with smaller selections of products in the $6-$10 range. Founded in 2002, it has over 900 locations nationwide. 346-237-4945. www.fivebelow.com

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I wonder if that means they are moving from the Galleria location (which we already knew...) but NOT relocating to another uptown/galleria location!? I thought for sure they would find a way to stay in the area (like the zadok's location or possibly even the old ethan allen location)...

interesting!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Meyerland Plaza Best Buy closes doors

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/impacts/2020/11/19/meyerland-plaza-best-buy-closes-doors/

A Best Buy located in Meyerland Plaza at 100 Meyerland Plaza Mall, Houston, has permanently closed, a Best Buy spokesperson confirmed.

The multinational electronics retailer opted not to renew its lease in the plaza store. The store’s last day was Oct. 31.

• Like 1

Crazy that back in the day i couldn't live without a Best Buy and now i could care less if one closes haha! dang the world is changing...

anyway i have a feeling that Meyerland is really going to be going through some major changes and getting better and better 

2 hours ago, gene said:

Crazy that back in the day i couldn't live without a Best Buy and now i could care less if one closes haha! dang the world is changing...

anyway i have a feeling that Meyerland is really going to be going through some major changes and getting better and better 

Yeah...me too.  Nowadays I go to microcenter if I need something and am not willing to wait for an online order to arrive.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, august948 said:

Yeah...me too.  Nowadays I go to microcenter if I need something and am not willing to wait for an online order to arrive.

Long live Microcenter.  I'm always finding excuses to go shopping there.   I've also found Microcenter pricing to be better than online when shopping for computer parts.

• Like 2

Just now, BeerNut said:

Long live Microcenter.  I'm always finding excuses to go shopping there.   I've also found Microcenter pricing to be better than online when shopping for computer parts.

I've found they've got the best prices for in-person shopping (most of the time) but can frequently still find stuff cheaper online. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 12:24 PM, august948 said:

I've found they've got the best prices for in-person shopping (most of the time) but can frequently still find stuff cheaper online. 

I like Micro Center, but preferred Fry's as the one on 45 North was more conveniently located for me. Unfortunately, Fry's has been circling the drain for some time now and their in-store inventory is a mere shadow of what it used to be. And the new Micro Center location is even less convenient than the old one was, so more often than not I wind up just going to my preferred online tech retailer (Newegg), unless I need something the same day.