Meyerland Plaza: Shopping Center At 4700 Beechnut St.

VicMan

3 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

I like Micro Center, but preferred Fry's as the one on 45 North was more conveniently located for me. Unfortunately, Fry's has been circling the drain for some time now and their in-store inventory is a mere shadow of what it used to be. And the new Micro Center location is even less convenient than the old one was, so more often than not I wind up just going to my preferred online tech retailer (Newegg), unless I need something the same day. 

I took my kid to Frys on I45N in January, since I have a $!00 gift card. There was literally nothing in the store I wanted to buy. It's a sad shadow of the former packed to teh gills with tech stuff I recall from the early days.

I go to MicroCenter most times, but also buy from Amazon and NewEgg.

As for Meyerland Plaza, I fondly recall the days when it was an actual mall, with indoor entrances to the stores.

I like both Best Buy and Micro Center. I'd hate to see Best Buy vanish, though I from what I have read they have actually been doing okay. Also they are opening new stores again for the first time in a decade. Maybe this and the Bingle location were just weak performers? The Meyerland store was close to other locations while inner NW Houston has only gotten sketchier over the last few years.

I noticed the big one by the Galleria and the ones in The Woodlands, Sugar Land, etc have more stuff like kitchen appliances while the oldest and smallest stores don't or that part of the store is really narrow. Also the stores in the suburbs have been remodeled to a new design scheme, so maybe that's a sign too.

Edited by zaphod
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Meyerland Plaza Developmets

Texans Fit Announces New Location at Meyerland Plaza

https://www.frpltd.com/blog/texans-fit-announces-new-location-at-meyerland-plaza

HOUSTON, Jan. 04, 2021 –The Houston Texans today announced the opening of their third Texans Fit location in Meyerland. Opening Spring 2021, Houston will be able to train like the pros at the newest team-themed state-of-the-art fitness center in Meyerland Plaza in Houston, Texas; following the opening of the first two Texans Fit locations this past fall in Katy and Rosenberg.

In partnership with Mark Mastrov, one of the leading fitness center developers in the world, Texans Fit joins elite company in the Fit family, including 49ers Fit, Bears Fit, Browns Fit and Cowboys Fit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Meyerland Plaza: Shopping Center At 4700 Beechnut St.
  • 2 months later...

"Meyerland Plaza, a retail center that opened in Southwest Houston in 1957, is being marketed by JLL Capital Markets for sale to investors.

The 948,000-SF center, which is 88 percent leased,  sits at the southwest corner of Beechnut Street and Loop 610. Tenants include H-E-B, Target, Ross, Marshalls, JCPenney, and Office Depot.

Fidelis Realty Partners, in partnership with BlackRock, acquired the property from Ronus Properties in 2013 and obtained $93 million in financing through John Hancock in 2017."

https://realtynewsreport.com/meyerland-plaza-is-for-sale/

• Like 2