The Woodlands Towers At The Waterway

bachanon

22 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Yeah.  I didn't put words in your mouth.  Not even close.  It is hyperbole, and NOT factual, to say (as you did) that Oxy "pretty much just bought Anadarko just so they could sell it off for scraps". 

I don't think you understand what the word Hyperbole even means. Its not exaggeration or for "effect" when it is literally true. Not to mention to just casting off something as "hyperbole" isn't an argument.

Its been well documented that Oxy not only was late to the Permian Basin and shale as a whole, but also had a terrible strategy in doing so, and to make up for this blunder, among other failures in strategy, they decided to go straight to the source instead of establishing their own operations. However, to make matters worse, or just for s.h.i.t.s and giggles, they also didn't have the capital to make the acquisition in the first place, so on top of terrible initial strategy they also decided to go into debt to get back into the game. To pay off all the debt from the merger they are literally selling off Anadarko for scraps to pay off their investors and the only parts they are keeping are ones which they won't be able to flip automatically. They don't have offshore experience, so they are scraping those parts to everyone else. They don't have experience in Africa, so they are scraping that to Total. If it weren't for the recent regulations in Colorado which chilled the Oil market their then they would certainly sell off that part as well. Midstream is going away also. Basically, the only thing that will be left from Anadarko, which they wanted in the first place, is Permian. So its not hyperbole when it is factually and literally true. Just because you chose not to look into it yourself or just want to be ignorant of what is actually happening doesn't mean that it is, and just because they didn't literally say "sell it off for scraps" doesn't mean that it isn't happening or it isn't true when all evidence is to the contrary. If you want I can we can go through list of links, and sources that will backup my position, but you don't want to do that. You just want it to be a hyperbole. It isn't. Its factually true. You might not like the way in which I described it, but I don't care if it ruffles your feathers or tickles your sensibilities. It is what it is. In fact it makes me question your relation in all of this. My question would be, why is it hyperbole? Are they not sell it off for scraps? Once again lets leave it aside whether it was good or not, and only look at the naked facts. The naked facts are...they are selling Anadarko for scraps.

5 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

I don't think The Woodlands is getting the HQ.  Pretty sure HQ is staying in Greenway Plaza.

And not only did Oxy not buy Anadarko just so they could sell it off for scraps; they are not doing so.

The Howard Hughes Company is moving their HQ from Dallas to one of the Anadarko buildings.

2 hours ago, Luminare said:

I don't think you understand what the word Hyperbole even means. Its not exaggeration or for "effect" when it is literally true. Not to mention to just casting off something as "hyperbole" isn't an argument.

Its been well documented that Oxy not only was late to the Permian Basin and shale as a whole, but also had a terrible strategy in doing so, and to make up for this blunder, among other failures in strategy, they decided to go straight to the source instead of establishing their own operations. However, to make matters worse, or just for s.h.i.t.s and giggles, they also didn't have the capital to make the acquisition in the first place, so on top of terrible initial strategy they also decided to go into debt to get back into the game. To pay off all the debt from the merger they are literally selling off Anadarko for scraps to pay off their investors and the only parts they are keeping are ones which they won't be able to flip automatically. They don't have offshore experience, so they are scraping those parts to everyone else. They don't have experience in Africa, so they are scraping that to Total. If it weren't for the recent regulations in Colorado which chilled the Oil market their then they would certainly sell off that part as well. Midstream is going away also. Basically, the only thing that will be left from Anadarko, which they wanted in the first place, is Permian. So its not hyperbole when it is factually and literally true. Just because you chose not to look into it yourself or just want to be ignorant of what is actually happening doesn't mean that it is, and just because they didn't literally say "sell it off for scraps" doesn't mean that it isn't happening or it isn't true when all evidence is to the contrary. If you want I can we can go through list of links, and sources that will backup my position, but you don't want to do that. You just want it to be a hyperbole. It isn't. Its factually true. You might not like the way in which I described it, but I don't care if it ruffles your feathers or tickles your sensibilities. It is what it is. In fact it makes me question your relation in all of this. My question would be, why is it hyperbole? Are they not sell it off for scraps? Once again lets leave it aside whether it was good or not, and only look at the naked facts. The naked facts are...they are selling Anadarko for scraps.

No.  They are not selling it off, for scraps or otherwise.  Yes, they are selling some assets (as almost always happens after a large acquisition).  You can tell us the whole history of the oil patch and it doesn't make your claim true.  There is no truth to the claim that Oxy bought Anadarko for the purpose of selling it off for scraps.   That is an exaggeration, hyperbole, if you will.  

3 minutes ago, Ross said:

The Howard Hughes Company is moving their HQ from Dallas to one of the Anadarko buildings.

Yes, but that had nothing to do with the Anadarko transaction.

Edited by Houston19514

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to The Woodlands Towers At The Waterway
  • 1 year later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2022/09/21/obagi-cosmeceuticals-woodlands-headquarters.html

9950 Woodloch Forest Drive, half of The Woodlands Towers at The Waterway, has added several new tenants this year. Obagi Cosmeceuticals, currently based in Long Beach, California plans to move into the tower this fall.

• Thanks 1