Midtown Court Developments

DrLan34

Why would anyone go to Potbelly when there are half a dozen banh mi places within a few blocks?

I figure they'd go there because they want Potbelly style sandwiches, not banh mi.

Edited by JLWM8609
  • Like 2

Hipster

\hip-stur\n. One who possesses tastes, social attitudes, and opinions deemed cool by the cool. The Hipster walks among the masses in daily life but is not a part of them and shuns or reduces to kitsch anything held dear by the mainstream. A Hipster ideally possesses no more than 2% body fat.

theres just so little to say about this development. It's ...ok? It could be worse? It's better than a vacant lot? It's boring, and the only remotely interesting thing about it is its orientation; it faces a tiny, minor side street.

That being said, i like paying half as much for higher quality sandwiches. 

This is the biggest tragedy of suburban lifestyle inside the loop since they built a walmart near the heights.

This is going to come of as trolling, but it's a serious question, because this kind of comment always fascinates me. I think I understand your comments related to Chipotle and Starbucks because they're big corporations, they have a lot of locations and aren't unique to the area. But when in a companies' growth does that happen?

Did Chipotle become bad when they took McDonalds money to finance their growth or was it before that (they had already expanded to 16 locations when that happened). Would you feel differently if Freebirds (80 locations, headquartered in California and growing) went into that space? What about Mission Burrito (4 locations and local)? What if an entrepreneur/chef who was trained at the Culinary Institute of America opened a fast, casual restaurant that was committed to sustainable agriculture (description of the first Chipotle Location opened by current chairman and CEO Steve Ellis)?

I'm all in favor of supporting local restaurants and entrepreneurs and hopefully some of our locals will win the lottery, like Steve Ellis did. If you don't like Starbucks and Chipotle, don't patronize them, but a "tragedy"?

Shoot, I'm sorry, I should have been more clear that my response was tongue in cheek.

I'll probably go to pot belly, they have pretty good samiches, probably won't go to Starbucks though. There's better coffee to be had in this town.

Chipotle, moo, my personal preference is mission, for no other reason than I like their corn and the cilantro ranch. And next is freebirds cause I like their pig.

I'll be going to Potbelly, Chipotle, and Starbucks regularly. I'd be happier if we had some great local restaurants in there but oh well. Potbelly will be the best sandwhich shop in Midtown, Chipotle will be the only burrito place, and Starbucks will have the best coffee within walking distance.

You probably do not realize this, but you need a Mattress Firm more badly than a Pet store. I didn't realize how empty my life was until the MF opened near me in the Heights.

Is it too soon for the waterbed to stage a comeback? I think a Superior Waterbeds store would be a great addition to Midtown.

• 2 months later...

I'll be going to Potbelly, Chipotle, and Starbucks regularly. I'd be happier if we had some great local restaurants in there but oh well. Potbelly will be the best sandwhich shop in Midtown, Chipotle will be the only burrito place, and Starbucks will have the best coffee within walking distance.

What what what?!?! Go to Tacos A Go-Go over Chipotle (they have a big burrito as well). The vietnamese places in Midtown have better coffee than Starbucks (Midtown already has one anyways)... also give Double Trouble a try. Midtown has a ton of better options than the places going into this location.

• Like 1

What what what?!?! Go to Tacos A Go-Go over Chipotle (they have a big burrito as well). The vietnamese places in Midtown have better coffee than Starbucks (Midtown already has one anyways)... also give Double Trouble a try. Midtown has a ton of better options than the places going into this location.

Love Tacos A Go-Go.....great salsas !!

Edited by HoustonMidtown

Hipster

hip-sturn. One who possesses tastes, social attitudes, and opinions deemed cool by the cool. The Hipster walks among the masses in daily life but is not a part of them and shuns or reduces to kitsch anything held dear by the mainstream. A Hipster ideally possesses no more than 2% body fat.

Sort of like a lemming?

• The title was changed to Midtown Court Developments