lockmat

I noticed a Variance request sign across the street at the former Social security building across from the Pearl Midtown on Smith street, Is Pearl going to build another apartment at this site? There was another "Pearl on Helena Variance request" sign also on Helena street in midtown at a former hospital building that is empty.

• Like 2

I noticed a Variance request sign across the street at the former Social security building across from the Pearl Midtown on Smith street, Is Pearl going to build another apartment at this site? There was another "Pearl on Helena Variance request" sign also on Helena street in midtown at a former hospital building that is empty.

I just saw the other day that the SS office has moved out. Amazing times in Midtown!

The B-cycle station at Milam & Elgin (by the High Fashion Fabrics) has moved to Elgin and Smith on the south side of this complex.

Edit: As you can obviously see in the photo in the post above by Jax.

Edited by infinite_jim

• 3 weeks later...

The amount of powerlines in the way of the balconies is STUPID. The poles are almost in touching distance from the edge of the balconies!

14390407393_33fff6750b_h.jpg

2014-06-07 16.28.16 by marclongoria, on Flickr

14368663822_1ee9a23eb3_h.jpg

2014-06-07 16.26.34 by marclongoria, on Flickr

14368751732_1885de668c_h.jpg

2014-06-07 16.25.00 by marclongoria, on Flickr

Streetscape

14368667672_85ed3d9999_h.jpg

2014-06-07 16.28.33 by marclongoria, on Flickr

• Like 3

I'm just wondering why more of these new midrise's can't just try to capture the feel like the developments on Gray and Bagby streets. Of course an overall improvement of the architecture in whatever newer stuff comes along is a given, but those buildings on that street really have a great feel to them. Great human scale, great streetscape, and always people walking around that area.

I feel like Larry might own a helicopter (although I haven't seen one hovering over Midtown).  It seems like every one of his snaps are above the roofline, with a perfect shot of the subject development.

Nice shots, man.

Based on the vantage point, I would venture to guess that all these were taken from 2016 Main on the upper floors.

• The title was changed to Pearl Midtown: Multifamily At 3101 Smith St.
  • The title was changed to Elgin St. And Smith St.