307-Acres Near NRG Stadium (Formerly UT Research Campus Proposal)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to 307-Acres Near NRG Stadium (Formerly UT Research Campus Proposal)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Willow Meadows and Willowbend Area Super Neighborhood. 1999-2003 Community Health Profiles.

https://www.houstontx.gov/health/chs/WillowMeadows-Willowbend.pdf

Qzzf8wI.png

Anyone know the location of these EPA sites? Toxic Release Inventory, Large Quantity Generator of Hazardous Waste, Radioactive Waste Site, Superfund Sites, and so forth.

u4yv658.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, samagon said:

it's harder to read than my own handwriting, but it says "cut, clean + maintain lot"

I'm more amazed at how consistent the lettering is. This person has a very particular and specific way of writing. Look how each letter is slanted like Italics, and the slant is remarkably consistent for each letter and number. My handwriting is almost always different depending on how fast or slow I'm writing, or what I'm feeling at the moment. I'm never this consistent. Hats off to that dude.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to 307-Acres Near NRG Stadium (Formerly UT Research Campus Proposal)
  • 1 month later...

Google shows you some previous roads that were constructed. Or a path that was paved. This is located off West Bellfort, on Grand Fountains Drive by the town homes The Corner At Buffalo Pointe.

Without knowing the road layout, I tried to hike it once.  The woods and brush was too much to navigate. I would have needed a machete to chop down small shrubs and tree branches.  I also made it near the wet lands, the body of water on the left side. 

There looked to be some type of automotive tracks now that I recall.  Like a small train running through the area? Can't find the tracks at the moment but here's the wet lands.  I wonder what company made the body of water? I don't think that's natural.

If the proposed TMC BioPort gets underway, and hundred of acres of Bio Technology get developed, I can imagine something similar happening here. A Boston company entering the Houston market and grabbing the 307-Acres? Alexandria Real Estate?

IxoueXX.png

Eo6gm3m.png

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know what is going on with the street lights around UT's developable 80-acres?  The land surrounded by Willowbend, Buffalo Speedway, and West Bellfort.  This getting beyond tiring!

The street lights are owned by the city I assume? Can CenterPoint Energy not fix this within a weeks time? Why is this such a waste land?

Did the University of Texas System stop paying their utility bills?

umzTuCu.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like the Texas Medical Center asked the federal government for Coronavirus Relief Funds to build the TMC BioPort.  At one time, there was talks to buy state-owned property.

I assume the state-owned property in question was University of Texas' 307-Acres on Holmes Road & Buffalo Speedway?

The first TMC BioPort master plan included the bulk of UT's land on Holmes Road.  Very cool!!

WvuMhuV.jpg