Macy's Distribution Center - 2103 Ernestine St.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, HNathoo said:

I've heard Amazon will be leasing a Macy's building (possibly this one) for something distribution related.

this appears to be the winner.

either that, or whatever they are building there is being delivered by amazon in about 50 different vans. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• The title was changed to Macy's Warehouse At Lockwood And I-45
  • 7 months later...

https://communityimpact.com/houston/tomball-magnolia/city-county/2022/02/08/macys-to-move-distribution-center-from-houston-to-tomball/

It looks like the Macy's distribution center will move from the East End to Tomball. I actually think this will be great for the area because their current East End location is not very inviting or contributing anything to the neighborhood. Its basically just windowless warehouses next to a yard of 18 wheelers surrounding neighborhoods. I think given its location and the lot size, theres a potential to have something really big here!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

https://communityimpact.com/houston/tomball-magnolia/city-county/2022/02/08/macys-to-move-distribution-center-from-houston-to-tomball/

It looks like the Macy's distribution center will move from the East End to Tomball. I actually think this will be great for the area because their current East End location is not very inviting or contributing anything to the neighborhood. Its basically just windowless warehouses next to a yard of 18 wheelers surrounding neighborhoods. I think given its location and the lot size, theres a potential to have something really big here!

Are you expecting this new distribution center to be something other than a windowless warehouse next to a yard of 18 wheelers?  Are you expecting it to contribute to its neighborhood in any way other than providing jobs? 

7 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Are you expecting this new distribution center to be something other than a windowless warehouse next to a yard of 18 wheelers?  Are you expecting it to contribute to its neighborhood in any way other than providing jobs? 

No, but it will be way out in Tomball instead of just outside of downtown in a developing neighborhood. There are plenty of windowless warehouses next to yards of 18 wheelers out in the suburbs so it will fit right in.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

The "NEW" distribution center isn't relevant to the thread or my post lol. We're discussing how the "OLD" distribution center can be redeveloped into something thats more convenient to the neighborhood. Im not sure if your question is sarcastic? Contributing to the neighborhood other than providing jobs.....obviously there are numerous examples; a gym, a grocery store, restaurants, an urgent care, a library, etc. Anything that goes in here will have "jobs." The whole East End thread is about industrial space being converted into something more dense and convenient to the neighborhood....

• Thanks 2

that location is not within the City Limits of Tomball, it is within their ETJ though.

anyway, it's a good location that it's going to.

I'm less excited to see what happens to the spot in the East End they are vacating, my guess is that it will go to Amazon.

what I really hope is that Amazon does take this location, and moves out of the facility they were using on Harrisburg (between Oakhurst and Eastwood) to maintain their fleet. Everyone is excited about the potential of a HEB, THAT would be a great location for a grocery store.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amlaham said:

The "NEW" distribution center isn't relevant to the thread or my post lol. We're discussing how the "OLD" distribution center can be redeveloped into something thats more convenient to the neighborhood. Im not sure if your question is sarcastic? Contributing to the neighborhood other than providing jobs.....obviously there are numerous examples; a gym, a grocery store, restaurants, an urgent care, a library, etc. Anything that goes in here will have "jobs." The whole East End thread is about industrial space being converted into something more dense and convenient to the neighborhood....

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Macy's Distribution Center Moving
  • The title was changed to Macy's Distribution Center - 2103 Ernestine St.