Surface Parking Lot - 302 Tuam St.

trymahjong

16 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

302 Tuam St and 310 Tuam St were listed for sale last year.

302 Tuam was the previous home to Late Nite Pie restaurant. 310 Tuam St is next to breakfast and brunch restaurant Harry's ( 318 Tuam St ).

A Loopnet listing for the properties shows it was unlisted in early December:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/216-220-302-310-Tuam-Street/24174938/

The parcels at 302 Tuam and 310 Tuam changed hands earlier this month. 

An entity tied to Harry's restaurant (318 Tuam St) purchased both properties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

I swear if this ends up being surface parking. Seems like Harry's has massive waits right now at brunch without it. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 7:28 AM, wilcal said:

I swear if this ends up being surface parking. Seems like Harry's has massive waits right now at brunch without it. 

19 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Yep I have a very good feeling this will be parking. Last time I went to Harry's the parking lot was very packed with people circling to find a spot

19 hours ago, Texasota said:

Such a huge waste, but probably correct.

Surface parking was my initial assumption too. 

• The title was changed to 302 Tuam St.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MrFubbles said:

are they keeping some of the walls? I wonder if the city will let them build up against the sidewalk if they use the existing structure

"Not all of the building is coming down. Platsas said he wants to retain the cinder block wall facing Tuam and maybe have an artist do a mural there." 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/demolition-pizza-houston-midtown-restaurant-17801307.php#photo-23503248

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2022 at 6:18 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

On 12/22/2022 at 7:28 AM, wilcal said:

On 12/22/2022 at 2:45 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

Yep I have a very good feeling this will be parking. Last time I went to Harry's the parking lot was very packed with people circling to find a spot

On 12/22/2022 at 3:06 PM, Texasota said:

Such a huge waste, but probably correct.

From the Houston Chronicle article this week regarding the demolition of Late Nite Pie, there's this nugget pertaining to possible future plans for the 302 Tuam and 310 Tuam properties:

"Plans for the area are up in the air as he [Harry's Restaurant owner John Platsas] and the family decide on next steps. One idea thrown around was a coffee shop or another Harry's."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/demolition-pizza-houston-midtown-restaurant-17801307.php

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, hindesky said:

Photos of the demo'd site of the former Late Nite Pie at 302 Tuam St and 310 Tuam St. 

The photos were published in the linked Houston Chronicle article, courtesy of Torrado Demolition. According the article, Torrado Demolition "is overseeing the takedown and cleanup of the once popular building..."

pYuooac.jpg

ID3UTmv.jpg

tXUum7c.jpg

XVA3GuK.jpg

Abx5hdS.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Photos of the demo'd site of the former Late Nite Pie at 302 Tuam St and 310 Tuam St. 

The photos were published in the linked Houston Chronicle article, courtesy of Torrado Demolition. According the article, Torrado Demolition "is overseeing the takedown and cleanup of the once popular building..."

pYuooac.jpg

ID3UTmv.jpg

tXUum7c.jpg

XVA3GuK.jpg

Abx5hdS.jpg

Nice, so this wont be a parking lot and they're saving the set back! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Can you explain how you know this? I failed to make the inference...

Just my assumption since they are technically leaving part of the structure up. From my understanding, if they save a portion of the building, they could grandfather the older setback which is right up to the sidewalk (where its technically at right now). Again, I could be completely wrong, and if i am please correct me 😅

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Surface Parking Lot - 302 Tuam St.