Gun Violence, Mass Shootings & Gun Reform

KinkaidAlum

Future headlines for City Hall to blow their horn at...

Houston: Celebrating a record 4 days without an Ozone/Smog Warning...

Houston Heights: Celebrating 1 week without a fire....

Houston: twelve days without a couch in the middle of the freeway.

• 2 weeks later...

Three guys in fatigues shot up the place about 1:30. One is "neutralized", one is holed up apparently in a shootout with police/military, and one is unaccounted for. All according to the Killeen PD via KCEN.

Edit: Senator Hutchison just released a statement confirming the dead are all soldiers.

Edited by arisegundo

The shooters were reported to be in military uniform but no one knows if they were actually military. Hopefully they are torturing the SOB they caught right now for more info. 

Now up to 9 dead and 30 wounded. 

Edited by LunaticFringe

The shooters were reported to be in military uniform but no one knows if they were actually military. Hopefully they are torturing the SOB they caught right now for more info. 

Now up to 9 dead and 30 wounded. 

MSNBC just confirmed 12 are now dead and 31 wounded and that the shooter was a Major with an Arabic sounding name. Fortunately, response was quick and the shooter was killed. This hits kinda close because I have a friend based at Ft. Hood. Luckily, she's down here visiting for a while and her whole battalion is out in the field.

Edited by JLWM8609
  • Like 1

MSNBC just confirmed 12 are now dead and 31 wounded and that the shooter was a Major with an Arabic sounding name. Fortunately, response was quick and the shooter was killed. This hits kinda close because I have a friend based at Ft. Hood. Luckily, she's down here visiting for a while and her whole battalion is out in the field.

Are they sure it wasnt a Persian, Afghani, or Hindi-sounding last name? I smell a manure storm coming fast...

It was an officer that was being deployed to Iraq and didn't want to go.

Well... guess he's not going now.

Whatever happened to soldiers that want to go AWOL just fleeing to Canada? This is unfortunate indeed.

Edited by AtticaFlinch

It was a madhouse up there yesterday. All schools in the area were on lockdown, all roads leading in and out of town were on lockdown as well. I was up there right before this happened. I luckily had an appointment in Lampasas that had me leaving just before this occurred. I had another appointment at 6pm in Killeen which I had to cancel because I couldn't get in. What I don't understand is that "eyewitnesses" claimed there were 3 shooters, apparently their tweets were WAAAAYYYYY off ? The reason the shooter had such opportunity is that there were graduations going on yesterday and everyone gathers in the deployment area, it is a family included area where everyone can gather. This P.O.S. Hasan must have been planning this for some time.

My heart and my prayers go out to all those families who were involved yesterday.

They've actually captured the shooter ALIVE!

It'll be interesting to see if he's prosecuted from a terrorism or mass-murder standpoint. Either way, he'll fry. He should have chosen a different state to do this in.

Edit: If the prosecutors and investigators do discover that this was religiously motivated, will he still get his 72 virgins since he didn't die at the scene? I'm sure he was hoping to die in the act, so I'm glad this bum had that taken from him, but I think it would be even better if the promise of a fulfilling afterlife was taken from him too. All these religiously motivated homicides and suicides could probably be eliminated if people were to stop thinking they'll live in bliss through eternity for their violent heinous actions on Earth. It's time we bring science and nihilism to the Muslim world. Forget guns, we need Richard Dawkins.

Edited by AtticaFlinch

I hope she gets some sort of medal. She saved many lives.

Yep. She was just directing traffic when she got the call. She and her partner got there in 3 minutes and she encountered him rounding a corner as soon as she got in the building.

She hasn't updated her Twitter account in a while, but check out her bio on it: "I live a good life....a hard one, but I go to sleep peacefully @ night knowing that I may have made a difference in someone's life."

Fort Hood's director of emergency services credits Kimberly Munley -- a 5-foot-2-inch powerhouse, civilian Fort Hood police officer -- with saving countless lives.

Chuck Medley told the Herald that they began receiving 911 calls at 1:23 p.m. Thursday and four minutes later Munley, who was in the immediate vicinity, was upon the suspect.

She saw the injured, scared people and when she rounded a corner in between two buildings, Mevley said, Munley fired twice at Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan and he charged towards her.

Munley and Hasan fired at each other at the same time, Mevley said. Munley was hit in the leg, wrist and torso. "She did what she was trained to do," Mevley said, adding that Munley is an exceptional individual.

Munley, who has been with Fort Hood police since January 2008, is a Fort Hood SWAT team member, whose husband is a soldier at Fort Bragg.

Munley is really small -- but don't let that fool you, Mevley says -- she's 5'2", very physically fit and a weapons expert.

"She saved in my mind, no doubt, countless lives," Mevley said. Munley took shots in the left leg and knee area and still needs surgery to remove bullets from her right side.

Mevley said Munley had bullet wounds on her arm and she called them a "minor scratches."

Fort Hood officials believe Munley will fully recover.

http://www.kdhnews.c...ry.aspx?s=36924

Edited by kylejack

That response time is just stunning. I read on another story she was driving to the auto shop to get her car repaired when she got the call. Imagine that, its just a lazy afternoon, you're driving to get your car repaired, and 4 minutes later you're lying on the ground bleeding next to the guy you just took down. Amazing.