Houston mayor's race 2009

lockmat

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go to khou and see if the last debate is still online. that might sway you another direction.

His inability to articulate thoughts and the fact that he's 72 are two reasons he'll not get my vote. The other is that I don't like to look at him and his voice annoys me.

go to khou and see if the last debate is still online. that might sway you another direction.

I did look at the debates, the others didn't have much of a compelling case. Have you made up your mind yet?

His inability to articulate thoughts and the fact that he's 72 are two reasons he'll not get my vote. The other is that I don't like to look at him and his voice annoys me.

I don't look at a person's age for a job like this, especially when it comes to a job that has to be "renewed" every two years, it doesn't matter.

Hell, you can be 25 and get killed falling down a flight of stairs.

As far as his voice and look goes, that is pathetically shallow and sounds like someone who doesn't know how to get to a conclusion without critical thinking.

I did look at the debates, the others didn't have much of a compelling case. Have you made up your mind yet?

yeah I did but agree that no one running is leadership material. I really don't know anyone who is active in civic organizations who is impressed with any of the candidates. With turnout running so low, every vote will count.

As far as his voice and look goes, that is pathetically shallow and sounds like someone who doesn't know how to get to a conclusion without critical thinking.

laugh.gif I was being intentionally, pathetically shallow. And, I was joking.

I do have a problem with the age thing and think he needs to be put out to pasture. Um, I'm laughing, so I guess I'm still joking. I can't wait to get out of here to go and vote.

I chuckle everytime I hear Peter Brown proclaim "business man" in his commercials. Since when is marrying well a business matter? The man is running through his second (or is it third?) wife's cash like it's nobody's business.

And he did marry well, didn't he!

I chafe at the way certain supporters talk as if he's some urban planning academic heavyweight. I'm still trying to figure out the last noteworthy building he actually designed or supervised himself.

the races with CO bradford and ronald green sure are surprising.

Make ya not worry about Mayor anymore, huh? Ron Green...OMG!

I also am a little surprised that Annise is performing so well. I really thought that money was going to buy the election. Go figure!

Make ya not worry about Mayor anymore, huh? Ron Green...OMG!

I also am a little surprised that Annise is performing so well. I really thought that money was going to buy the election. Go figure!

i had already predicted annise and locke would be in the runoff months ago. i'm glad roy morales was in. he sure stole some votes. no doubt it will be an entirely different race in the run off.

it will be interesting to see which way the black vote will go for the runoff. Some of the big churches like wheeler ave did endorse peter brown (even though gene locke is a member).

Wheeler's founding pastor, Rev. Lawson was steadfast and supported Brown until the end. The reason why Locke didn't get Rev. Lawson's official endorsement is because Locke didn't throw his hat into the ring until after Lawson had already committed to endorsing Brown (Brown announced his candidacy in August 2008, Locke in November 2008), and probably due to the fact that Brown gave nice donations to WALIPP, which is Rev. Lawson's non profit organization. Now that Brown is out, I think it's certain that Rev. Lawson will endorse Locke.

The current pastor, Rev. Cosby was a Brown supporter, but appeared to quickly switch sides in less than 24 hours. The night before the election, some of my relatives saw Rev. Cosby on TV at a Peter Brown function trying to skirt past the cameras quickly. When it had become apparent that Locke would make it into the runoff, Cosby made a 180 and was onstage with Locke, cheering as if he'd been a longtime supporter of Locke's. :rolleyes:

Wheeler's founding pastor, Rev. Lawson was steadfast and supported Brown until the end. The reason why Locke didn't get Rev. Lawson's official endorsement is because Locke didn't throw his hat into the ring until after Lawson had already committed to endorsing Brown (Brown announced his candidacy in August 2008, Locke in November 2008), and probably due to the fact that Brown gave nice donations to WALIPP, which is Rev. Lawson's non profit organization.

the bold is the reason, no question.

the bold is the reason, no question.

I wouldn't say it was the reason, but it was a big deciding factor. I've personally known Rev. Lawson my whole life and witnessed members of Wheeler run for office and get his support. Mind you some of these people are not big money folks like Brown, they simply asked for his support. I believe if Locke had made his intention to run for mayor before Brown announced his candidacy and asked Rev. Lawson to support him, Rev. Lawson would have supported Locke, regardless of the contribution Brown gave. Then Brown probably would've turned around and accidentally put Rev. Lawson's name on some of his material as a supporter and then apologize later for the error. :lol:

Doesn't endorsing political candidates endanger a church's tax-exempt status?

For some reason that only seems to apply to white churches. The black churches have been doing politics for ever. They say that it is part of their culture.

From the KTRK comments:

I do believe that is what the Bible says. It also says God destroyed Saddam and Gamora because of this.

So THAT's why we invaded Iraq.

Frankly, I'm surprised it took the Bible-thumpers this long to get caught on camera praying for God to save us from the coming lesbocracy.

From the KTRK comments:

Frankly, I'm surprised it took the Bible-thumpers this long to get caught on camera praying for God to save us from the coming lesbocracy.

I say this to God - "Bring it on"

I have been kicking sand in God's face for years now. He is a wimp.

From the KTRK comments:

LESBOCRACY!!!! I was for it already, but now I'm even more excited about it because it has a sweet term.

Archived