Houston mayor's race 2009

lockmat

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard she kissed a girl.

Is there at least a photo of it on her Myspace page, where she's wearing too much makeup and is dressed all slutty in a bar full of young douchebags, and where there's something reflective in the background that indicates the flash of a cell phone camera? I think everybody'd be pretty cool with that. Everybody likes a bi- girl.

j/k - I know she's a dyke.

Hey, I have been wondering about Peter Brown's TV ads since I saw the first one a couple of weeks ago. He goes on about adding police, etc. etc. What I find odd is that the cops that are shown in the add are not Houston cops. They have black uniforms. He made no effort to make them looks like Houston cops. I saw Parker's ad this morning and her cops look like Houston cops, with blue shirts not black.

This is nit pick, but at least Brown could have made the effort.

Peter Brown is a doddering dilettante who needs to stick to his regular social life over in West U.

That might just be a symptom of being an architect and trying to communicate; the impression of doddering that is. We aren't called "housepets for the rich" for nothin'. ^_^

That might just be a symptom of being an architect and trying to communicate; the impression of doddering that is. We aren't called "housepets for the rich" for nothin'. ^_^

Didn't we already try a mayor named Brown? I seem to remember that that did not work out too well.

Is there at least a photo of it on her Myspace page, where she's wearing too much makeup and is dressed all slutty in a bar full of young douchebags, and where there's something reflective in the background that indicates the flash of a cell phone camera? I think everybody'd be pretty cool with that. Everybody likes a bi- girl.

j/k - I know she's a dyke.

Actually, I think you make a good point. Parker has carefully crafted her image over the years, and my guess is that this is to overcome concerns like the one you presented above. In some respects, candidates who openly break race or sexual orientation barriers have to be more careful to avoid offending the more socially conservative folks out there.

Actually, I think you make a good point. Parker has carefully crafted her image over the years, and my guess is that this is to overcome concerns like the one you presented above. In some respects, candidates who openly break race or sexual orientation barriers have to be more careful to avoid offending the more socially conservative folks out there.

Nah, I was just making a joke for humor's sake alone. Clearly she isn't a yuppified faux-bi-sexual tease. She's very clearly a dyke, but I really don't think that it matters. She's a by-the-numbers professional who already knows how to run the City. Poll lesbianism against competence and competence will win every time.

And actually, I think that her sexuality may win some straight male voters away from Locke and Brown. She likes licking carpet...I like licking carpet. We have something in common, there. And common ground is important.

Nah, I was just making a joke for humor's sake alone. Clearly she isn't a yuppified faux-bi-sexual tease. She's very clearly a dyke, but I really don't think that it matters. She's a by-the-numbers professional who already knows how to run the City. Poll lesbianism against competence and competence will win every time.

And actually, I think that her sexuality may win some straight male voters away from Locke and Brown. She likes licking carpet...I like licking carpet. We have something in common, there. And common ground is important.

it's munching... not licking... munching.

...and people are already, absolutely going after her, for being lesbian...

http://offthekuff.com/wp/?p=21931

Here is why Peter Brown and Annise Parker are not the best choice for Mayor. Peter Brown puts out false claims that he is a champion for issues affecting the community. Annise Parkers lifestyle that of being a HOMOSEXUAL is not the proper role model to lead the fourth largest city in the United States. The Bible speaks clearly against the lifestyle she represents, James 1:8 says, “A double minded man is confused in all his ways”. She does not believe in what the scripture says about her lifestyle which in return means she doesn’t believe in God.

This email did not originate from the "Christians For Better Government" - their name was attached to these claims, wrongly; however, the message got out there. So mission accomplished, for whoever was behind these attacks.

We're going to see more of this garbage, as the election nears.

There is something to be said about licking bare floors....just not in that David Hasselhoff way.

unfortunately annise's statements from earlier in the yr, are in direction contradiction to what she's saying now. in late spring, bill king wrote an editorial in the chronicle regarding the budget situation. annise responded that houston is not spending more than they are taking in. now she's saying there's a problem. as controller you'd think she'd be one of the first to know.

here is the editorial

unfortunately annise's statements from earlier in the yr, are in direction contradiction to what she's saying now. in late spring, bill king wrote an editorial in the chronicle regarding the budget situation. annise responded that houston is not spending more than they are taking in. now she's saying there's a problem. as controller you'd think she'd be one of the first to know.

here is the editorial

Wait, wait wait... a politician responding and adapting to ephemeral zeitgeists? Stop the presses!

it's munching... not licking... munching.

...and people are already, absolutely going after her, for being lesbian...

http://offthekuff.com/wp/?p=21931

Here is why Peter Brown and Annise Parker are not the best choice for Mayor. Peter Brown puts out false claims that he is a champion for issues affecting the community. Annise Parkers lifestyle that of being a HOMOSEXUAL is not the proper role model to lead the fourth largest city in the United States. The Bible speaks clearly against the lifestyle she represents, James 1:8 says, “A double minded man is confused in all his ways”. She does not believe in what the scripture says about her lifestyle which in return means she doesn’t believe in God.

This email did not originate from the "Christians For Better Government" - their name was attached to these claims, wrongly; however, the message got out there. So mission accomplished, for whoever was behind these attacks.

We're going to see more of this garbage, as the election nears.

There are two primary categories of socially-conservative voters that will respond to this, frankly: blacks and residents of District E. But I'd wager that most of those were likely going to vote for Gene Locke anyway because he's black or Republican, respectively. And even then, District E always gets marginalized and blacks have disproportionately-low turnout. Most of the other populations will probably see this for what it is and will either roll their eyes at it or feel like they need to disassociate themselves from whichever candidate religious zealots are promoting.

i thought bill white declared himself a candidate for kay bailey hutchinson's senate seat? i think he's already been mayor twice, which should mean term limits and a new mayor. i've only just started receiving mailers from a few candidates and seeing commercials. time to research them and what they're about. as far as being gay or having religious preferences, i'm one of the "separation of church and state" voters. most of the difficulties i encounter have little or nothing to do with city services, which seem largely outsourced like metro. i would like to see something done about homelessness when i see so many people living/camping in hermann park.

There are two primary categories of socially-conservative voters that will respond to this, frankly: blacks and residents of District E. But I'd wager that most of those were likely going to vote for Gene Locke anyway because he's black or Republican, respectively. And even then, District E always gets marginalized and blacks have disproportionately-low turnout. Most of the other populations will probably see this for what it is and will either roll their eyes at it or feel like they need to disassociate themselves from whichever candidate religious zealots are promoting.

gene locke is not republican.

On closer review, you're correct. Don't know where I picked that up, however it does seem as though he's courting the Republican vote anyway.

oh he's courting the votes alright and wants repubs to pick it up like you did.

FYI for all 13 is having a live mayoral debate next week. i believe it will be wed at 7pm. if i see the commercial again i'll confirm

On closer review, you're correct. Don't know where I picked that up, however it does seem as though he's courting the Republican vote anyway.

I spied this outside of a home in River Oaks on Kirby Drive on the 29th of September while stuck in rush hour traffic. Valet parking, dozens of Gene Locke signs in the median and along the sides of Kirby (only 2 signs are seen in this pic), and multiple HPD officers serving as security officers. I don't know exactly who the home belongs to, Facebook says it was an event thrown by Linda and Randy Sinclair (never heard of them) so I presume it's their house. Seeing that this event was in River Oaks, I wouldn't be surprised if Republican supporters were in attendance.

jpeg_reencoded.jpg

Who's wise idea was term limits.. didnt Whitmire serve for a decade?

All 4 of these choices come across as insincere hacks compared to White. Parker is the only one that sounds human up there.

Edit:

Well.. Locke is starting to sound better.

As a moderate conservative and a design professional... it pains me to see Morales and Brown coming across the most like insincere hacks.

Don't leave us, White.

Who's wise idea was term limits.. didnt Whitmire serve for a decade?

All 4 of these choices come across as insincere hacks compared to White. Parker is the only one that sounds human up there.

sounding human isn't enough. we need a leader and none are running.

[quote name='Highway6' date='Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 7:18 PM' timestamp='1254961139' post='3442

Parker is the only one that sounds human up there.

Edit:

Well.. Locke is starting to sound better.

As a moderate conservative and a design professional... it pains me to see Morales and Brown coming across the most like insincere hacks.

Don't leave us, White.

I like Parker. I recognize Parker comes off stilted. She sounds like the City proctologist. It's very...{insert you adjective here, cause I got nothin'}. However, I like that. White is awkward, too. I know, Brown's all about White. (That's either a political comment or a new designer choice!wink.gif ) I think Anisse has got a lot of substance. I also like that her fundraising is largely from non-conected individuals.

sounding human isn't enough. we need a leader and none are running.

OK, music, you've been griping about this for some time. What are you looking for? Who would you propose as candidates?

Edit: I made purple and duplicate comments! Lent already?

Archived