Best Mexican Restaurant

5 hours ago, corbs315 said:

I love Molina's and it's my go-to, only because I was raised near the one on Westheimer. Also the vinegar salsa is my love jones.

I have a hard time convincing others that it's good though.

It tastes like Taco Bell fire sauce and its awesome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kbates2 said:

It tastes like Taco Bell fire sauce and its awesome.

Speaking of Taco Bell...I lived in Atlanta during the '90s and the best Mexican restaurant there during that time was...Taco Bell. 

Yeah...the others there were that bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, august948 said:

Speaking of Taco Bell...I lived in Atlanta during the '90s and the best Mexican restaurant there during that time was...Taco Bell. 

Yeah...the others there were that bad.

That's more common than you'd think in parts of the country that aren't accustomed to having a plethora of very good Mexican restaurants to choose from. When I was in college, I had a classmate that had grown up on the East Coast, and her frame of reference for Mexican restaurants was Taco Bell, because that was pretty much all there was to choose from where she was from. She was pretty amazed by what was available in Houston when she got here, and that was 30+ years ago. It's only gotten better since then. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

You can still find me at https://www.blancotacostequila.com/locations/houston-tx/ for happy hour many weeknights ;) i walk over after i get home from work....

amazing and cool bartenders (and this is coming from someone that doesn't drink haha! they do have this amazing non-alcoholic watermelon drink i get alot ) and great service and love the food as it's quite different from the usual tex-mex. They have a great cheese enchilada platter on their regular menu that is only 11.00 

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...