wxman

..........as i work in the building next door, i can say for sure that there is nothing going on at the site.  having said that, i will make the effort in the morning to look for any signs of survey markers and such.  no earth is moving at this time.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Guess I'll post this here too.

1000x900.jpg

Growth brings new housing options to The Woodlands

As the population and business growth continues to skyrocket, The Woodlands is working to keep up with the growth by expanding housing options.

In addition, the Howard Hughes Corp., parent of The Woodlands Development Co., is investigating a possible new 20-story high-rise condominium development in the Waterway District, said Paul Layne, executive vice president of master planned communities for The Howard Hughes Corp.

The Howard Hugh Corp. has preliminary plans for the high-rise condo and is working to determine whether there is enough demand for the development.

"We're really trying to determine the level of interest people would have," Layne said. "We've done some focus groups. We would like people to reach out to us if they have an interest, to let us know. It would have phenomenal amenities and a walkable lifestyle in the Waterway District."
  • Like 9

There is a skyline in the woodlands?

I guess that I should drive out there and see it but the last time I went up 45 about a year ago, I didn't see much of a skyline.

Emerging, but not insignificant.

Wait another decade or two and I'm sure we'll see plenty more condos just like this one fill up that vast mall parking lot creating a much more impressionable mass of buildings. The vast number of wealthy foreign nationals and retirees up in The Woodlands should flock to a product like this in hoards.

• 4 weeks later...

...looks like somebody was right outside my office.

the original condo tower design was rounded on the side facing the waterway.  it would have given residences a wide angle view of waterway square; but, alas, as the woodlands is now a "wholly owned subsidiary of the howard hughes company" in DALLAS, we now get an easier to build cheaper building.  truely...it doesn't suck, but round would have been a more appealing view for the residences.  now that the westin is uglier...and ten waterway will also be a downgraded design, i guess it doesn't matter....my new fascination is east of downtown and inside loop 610. 

• Like 1

the original condo tower design was rounded on the side facing the waterway.  it would have given residences a wide angle view of waterway square; but, alas, as the woodlands is now a "wholly owned subsidiary of the howard hughes company" in DALLAS, we now get an easier to build cheaper building.  truely...it doesn't suck, but round would have been a more appealing view for the residences.  

Even though the design isn't spectacular in any way, can we agree it will definitely be the modern kid on the block? Apart from the recent Anadarko Tower, every building that has gone up on or around the Water Way looks older than the first Anadarko Tower.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From "eh", to "m e h", to "bleh".

It's certainly not the worst design on the waterway, and it does blend in with the late 90's early 2000's theme all the other buildings have.

Edit: looks like they changed it from black (a pinch more modern), to brown.

Edited by Montrose1100