wxman

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling that's what's gonna happen.

Either in this thread or another one about The Woodlands, I believe the long term plan is to convert all the current mall parking lots into garages with GFR, making it kinda like an old-world bazaar with city surrounding it. Someone may have the photo/master plan around here...

I highly doubt the mall as we know it will be torn down. Afterall, the mall is "only" 21 years old. If anything, it'll be added on to or expanded towards the waterway but I don't see them leveling the mall for many, many, many years to come. That mall is a cash cow.

Either in this thread or another one about The Woodlands, I believe the long term plan is to convert all the current mall parking lots into garages with GFR, making it kinda like an old-world bazaar with city surrounding it. Someone may have the photo/master plan around here...

That's kinda how I imagined it. Like someone else just said, I doubt they'll tear it down because it draws so many visitors, but the classic American Mall is a dying breed, and it won't be long before the HH company decides to go for something more "mixed-use" focused, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

I highly doubt the mall as we know it will be torn down. Afterall, the mall is "only" 21 years old. If anything, it'll be added on to or expanded towards the waterway but I don't see them leveling the mall for many, many, many years to come. That mall is a cash cow.

It will probably resemble First Colony Mall in Sugar Land where the parking lots start becoming parking garages and more retail.

• 1 month later...

On hold, again. 

http://m.chron.com/neighborhood/woodlands/business/article/The-Woodlands-economy-starts-to-feel-pinch-from-6809797.php#photo-9357486

After unit pre-sales in 2015 and a redesign of the residential tower, The Woodlands Development Co. announced its decision to put plans on hold due to the uncertain economic climate.

"The Woodlands Development Co. is confident that Treviso, as planned and designed, is the appropriate iconic residential building for the premiere site it will occupy. The Woodlands Development Co. will restart the sales process once the market shows signs of rebounding," the developers said in a statement.

During preliminary reservations at a private event in May, 46 reservations were reported to have been made. Units started at $650,000, and the Treviso was expected to begin construction in time for a late-2017 opening after half of the units presold.

But the property, which is featured on the company's a newly launched site, will remain undeveloped for the time being. The Woodlands Development Co. declined to comment on whether customers who purchased units could opt for a refund. But the company remains optimistic about moving forward when markets rebound.

• 8 months later...

This condo tower for The Woodlands has been shelved or scrapped (not really sure what mothballed means). I figured that was too good to be true.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2016/10/11/the-woodlands-looks-to-grow-even-as-it-nears.html

"Low oil prices have slowed The Woodlands’ office and multifamily sectors, which have been hurt by job cuts in the upstream oil and gas sector. Earlier this year, The Howard Hughes Corp. mothballed plans for Treviso at Waterway Square, a proposed 23-story, 84-unit luxury condo tower. "

16 hours ago, wxman said:

This condo tower for The Woodlands has been shelved or scrapped (not really sure what mothballed means). I figured that was too good to be true.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2016/10/11/the-woodlands-looks-to-grow-even-as-it-nears.html

"Low oil prices have slowed The Woodlands’ office and multifamily sectors, which have been hurt by job cuts in the upstream oil and gas sector. Earlier this year, The Howard Hughes Corp. mothballed plans for Treviso at Waterway Square, a proposed 23-story, 84-unit luxury condo tower. "

In the next paragraph it states they pulled it off the market for now and will bring it back when the time is right. Doesn't sound scrapped to me just on hold.

• The title was changed to Treviso At Waterway Square: Condo Tower For The Woodlands
  • The title was changed to Treviso At Waterway Square: Condominium Tower For The Woodlands

Archived