Latitude Med Center: Residential Tower And InterContinental Hotel

Jax

When you swing around 69 south around the museum area its amazing the cluster of 25 story buildings that have popped up.

Helping to bring TMC and downtown together with growth in the midtown neighborhood.

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped by the site yesterday and had a short discussion with one of the contractors. The Main street tower is about to top out and the back side tower is on the 25th floor leaving 13 to go. This is going to be such a dynamic presence on the southwestern fringe of the TMC. 

Cant wait to see it once its all done.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, bobruss said:

Stopped by the site yesterday and had a short discussion with one of the contractors. The Main street tower is about to top out and the back side tower is on the 25th floor leaving 13 to go. This is going to be such a dynamic presence on the southwestern fringe of the TMC. 

Cant wait to see it once its all done.

Will the hotel and condos share the pool?

Edited by brian0123
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2017 at 3:36 PM, hindesky said:

North side.

BdcYhSH.jpg

One thing that strikes me about this is the large blank wall along the northern face of the hotel, visible in Hindesky's photo above.  It sure seems to lend some credence to a future project on the BW hotel site (well, former BW).  I can't find any renderings from the north side to figure out what this side will look like upon completion

• Like 3

11 hours ago, OkieEric said:

One thing that strikes me about this is the large blank wall along the northern face of the hotel, visible in Hindesky's photo above.  It sure seems to lend some credence to a future project on the BW hotel site (well, former BW).  I can't find any renderings from the north side to figure out what this side will look like upon completion

This would confirm what I was told on my first visit to the site. It was just prior to excavation and the contractor suggested then that  there was a possible 66 story tower going up on the adjoining property just to the north.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

This would confirm what I was told on my first visit to the site. It was just prior to excavation and the contractor suggested then that  there was a possible 66 story tower going up on the adjoining property just to the north.

That would by far be the tallest tower in the area right? 

• Like 2

I really like this development and the fact that its mixed use and two towers all on the same podium makes it much interesting.

Mark my word this is really going to alter the southern and southwestern views of the med center. Its massive in scale. 

• Like 2

On 7/1/2017 at 3:05 PM, wxman said:

A 66-story tower would rival any building downtown and Williams. By floor count it would be the third tallest in Houston.

This would be pretty awesome!  The TMC skyline rivals that of many small cities in the USA!  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Those two rankings are measuring different things.  The ranking referenced in the TMC website is apparently based on the acreage of the district.  The Uptown Houston rankings are based on office space square footage.

The second being relevant, the first being meaningless schtick.

• Like 1

I had an opportunity to play with an Oculus last night and one of the first things I did after I figured out how to use the joy sticks was to tour Houston on Google earth. It was amazing first to watch the buildings start popping up out of the ground all around me and to fly through the different parts of town.

The med center was amazing along with the galleria uptown and obviously downtown. At one point I was trying to tilt and rotate and found myself getting a little queasy. It was an incredible experience and when I zoomed out eventually I was observing the earth in the Universe as if I was floating out in space, and I was standing ion the middle of it with stars, planets, and the milky way, all around me 360. What an incredible device. The drawing in three dimensions and the ability to grab the object and rotate it and render is fascinating. But I loved seeing the city in 3D that way. What a tool for working out spatial issues in urban planning. I was blown away.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...