4 Waterway Square: Office Building For The Woodlands

TheNiche

they've been clearing recently. lockmat asked about the lot in another thread. you scooped me niche. i love it! building looks cool. i can watch it go up from my perch at 24 waterway. ;) this is next door, technically, to us oncology at woodloch forest and timberloch.

i'm confused. the northwest corner of woodloch forest and the woodlands waterway itself already contains two class a buildings. gonna have to drive by today and check it out. i think the article is incorrect on the location description.

OH! that's 4 "waterway square". this is across the waterway from the aforementioned buildings.

still within my viewing range.

evidently, the demand is not there to justify the greater expense of a taller building. i'm anxious to see what will happen with the office buildings that are being torn down for new development at grogan's mill and timberloch. i hope it isn't street front retail. that would be one more kick in the pants (pants being the original idea of the woodlands). once retail fronts grogan's mill, near woodlands parkway........the dream is officially over for me. nondescript intersections are what makes the woodlands what it is. passing that intersection with a starbucks or mcdonalds visible........it becomes any other intersection. they've already moved a significant piece of art from that area.

does the rendering of 4 waterway square have a curved facade? i like that.

• 2 months later...
http://www.globest.com/news/1144_1144/houston/170232-1.html

THE WOODLANDS, TX-Huge demand for office space is prompting the groundbreaking for a 216,600-sf, multi-tenant office building. Several sources indicate the class A spec project can't come too soon to relieve pressures from high occupancy and pent-up demand.

i spoke with a harvey construction employee on the elevator this week. he said there is one or more office buildings planned for the space directly west of us oncology.

i spoke with a harvey construction employee on the elevator this week. he said there is one or more office buildings planned for the space directly west of us oncology.

Yeah, I thought someone mentioned that in this or another thread. There's plenty of room there. With the strain in class A space that guy in the article mentioned, I wonder how fast they'll start moving on them?

• 6 months later...
In the updated rendering is that, what looks like a tall condo tower, real or just a filler?

No, that's the 20-story condo tower planned. I thought they had already started construction, but that was a 9-story one going up. I passed by Market Street two days ago and they already have beems sticking out of the ground for the new hotel there.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/s...png\\

sorry waxman, the buildings under construction are the 1900 car garage with retail and the 9 story office building at 4 waterway square. neither the condo tower, nor the hotel are under construction.

the 390 plus apartment complex at six pines & waterway avenue; however, has a construction fence around it and will commence soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

4 Waterway Square just got a new tenant, Benchmark Hospitality International

http://www.bisnow.com/houston_commercial_real_estate_news_story.php?p=8271

Also, I never noticed the little brown building to the left of 4 waterway. Looks somewhat dissapointing to me. You can see it better here:

http://www.thewoodlands-commercial.com/featured_property.html

You know, a lot of people in this city need to get a grip. The Woodlands is not that far. From the Pierce Elevated to the Woodlands Parkway is 28 miles. Thousands commute every day. In other cities, they commute further than that. I'm so sick of hearing the pissing and moaning of a 30 min. drive. Man that gets under my skin....

I just dont get why all the way out there?

Get used to it. As transportation costs go up and infrastructure doesn't keep pace, companies are going to decide to move where the workers are (and where the company decision makers live).

The simple reason this development is "way out there" is because of urban sprawl. Better get used to it, because that is what Houston is.

Years and years ago, the Galleria was "way out there."

Are you the arbiter of what is good and evil?

uh-oh...we won't even get into that again ;P

The simple reason this development is "way out there" is because of urban sprawl. Better get used to it, because that is what Houston is.

Years and years ago, the Galleria was "way out there."

Also, it's the only way the Houston area can survive anyway.

Archived