TheNiche

I don't think I've ever been to Whole Foods, anywhere. It doesn't help that the CEO is insane. But I do go to Central Market maybe once a week or every two weeks for goodies. Regular shopping is at Disco Krogers or the new H-E-B... or the amazingly awesome Gulfgate H-E-B if I'm out that way getting stuff at Lowe's.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this doesn't have anything to do with this specific store but this story is about Whole Foods organics that come from China.

Whole Foods touts that it's food is organic and locally grown, yet many of their products in fact come from China. I figured some of yall would be interested in this news story.

Interesting, although it only seems to be the frozen vegetables that are from China and I rarely ever buy frozen. Their fresh vegetables are usually locally grown and you cannot trust anything that is supposedly regulated by the USDA. I'm not an organic nut anyway, I usually buy whatever is on sale at my local HEB. If it looks fresh, that's good enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sure. I have the renderings on my blog, but I can do it here too. Intersting, why the contractor signs? I'm also open to other suggestions as well (besides taking better photos, I'm working on that. This last bunch didn't go so well).

By the way, this is a really big piece of property. Its really going to liven up the area, in addition to the Broadstone apts goin up down the road. Those two restaraunts across the street feel very cozy and walkable too.

Sure. I have the renderings on my blog, but I can do it here too. Intersting, why the contractor signs? I'm also open to other suggestions as well (besides taking better photos, I'm working on that. This last bunch didn't go so well).

Dude, don't worry about the quality so much. At least you are one of the few posting pics. Thanks for that.

Those two restaraunts across the street feel very cozy and walkable too.

Eh. Mainly old (as in elderly) regulars, and corporate visitors from the AIG compound. The bar between the restaurants is nice, but very dull. Food is good though. I have the great fortune of hosting a quasi-corporate HH there tomorrow nite. Eh.

• 10 months later...

I couldn't find if there is a separate post that speaks of the new 600-unit apartments next to the Montrose whole foods (and maybe this one is it)...but my question is if anyone knows what is now being developed NEXT to the 600-apartments as that land too is being cleared... This section/development that I speak of is the northwest corner of West Dallas and Montrose. 

I couldn't find if there is a separate post that speaks of the new 600-unit apartments next to the Montrose whole foods (and maybe this one is it)...but my question is if anyone knows what is now being developed NEXT to the 600-apartments as that land too is being cleared... This section/development that I speak of is the northwest corner of West Dallas and Montrose. 

It is being developed by JLB Partners out of Dallas.  Another apartment project.

Does anyone know who the contractor is on the Finger West Dallas property?  There are so many of these going up I'm wondering who is cornering the market on building them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

JLB Partners finally posted a rendering of their multifamily project at Montrose and West Dallas on their website.

Axis Houston - http://www.jlbpartners.com/portfolio/show/20-Axis (maybe deserves its own thread?)

Not bad, and a huge complex at 396 units. Should be almost as big as Marvy's adjacent project. So glad these former American General (AIG) lots are finally being developed.., they just sat there empty for years.

JLB Partners finally posted a rendering of their multifamily project at Montrose and West Dallas on their website.

Axis Houston - http://www.jlbpartners.com/portfolio/show/20-Axis (maybe deserves its own thread?)

Not bad, and a huge complex at 396 units. Should be almost as big as Marvy's adjacent project. So glad these former American General (AIG) lots are finally being developed.., they just sat there empty for years.

2400_West_Dallas_9-29.jpg?1375358799

• The title was changed to 2900 West Dallas: Multifamily At 2900 W. Dallas St.

Archived