Post Oak Central Campus At 1990 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

30 minutes ago, gene said:

thanks to the Post Oak Blvd project, no Uptown Holiday Lighting for 2 years...

seeing that Post Oak Central is the epicenter of this event i thought i would post here...I personally love to attend this since its a block from my home and my friends all come out to hang... it will be missed! (they are saying in 2019 it will be bigger and better, so at least there's that!)

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/Uptown-Holiday-Lighting-postponed-til-next-year-11943044.php

Bummer.  Love going to that every year.

FWIW, the Chron exhibits its utter cluelessness again.  The article says the Uptown holiday lighting "takes place . . . the night before Thanksgiving".  (For anyone who does not know, the Uptown holiday lighting has always been on Thanksgiving night.  NOT the night before.)  There's a reasonable chance the Chron got it all  wrong and the Holiday lighting will continue... 

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, gene said:

any new updates on this? with the whole https://theboulevardproject.com/ going on and saying this will be the "grandest boulevard in the United States" i am wondering if there will be new exciting additions to Post Oak Blvd and businesses that front this project? One can hope! 

Not sure about the big project, but last time I was over there they were in the midst of creating a new vehicle and pedestrian connection from the north side at S. Post Oak Ln to the already existing retail at the center of the property. A wise and important visual connection to the development at Blvd Place and the neighboring residential highrises going up. Perhaps there is more to follow?

I know, I know, no pictures... Sorry y'all.

42 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

Not sure about the big project, but last time I was over there they were in the midst of creating a new vehicle and pedestrian connection from the north side at S. Post Oak Ln to the already existing retail at the center of the property. A wise and important visual connection to the development at Blvd Place and the neighboring residential highrises going up. Perhaps there is more to follow?

I know, I know, no pictures... Sorry y'all.

Through the parking garage?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Alex Rodriguez-Backed Fitness Studio To Open In Uptown Houston
https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/retail/alex-rodriguez-backed-fitness-studio-to-open-in-uptown-houston-99997

TruFusion, a Las Vegas-based boutique fitness concept, will open a 12K SF facility at 1990 Post Oak Blvd., Uptown Houston. This marks the first Houston location for the fitness concept, which is backed by Major League Baseball superstar Alex Rodriguez as a board member and a major investor. "My team and I are thrilled to bring the TruTribe to Houston and partner with Parkway to bring a new level of fitness to this already beautiful and unique property," Nevada-based entrepreneur and franchisee Natalie Buckel said in a release. "We are community-driven and are excited to immerse ourselves in the Houston lifestyle and introduce everyone to the TruFusion brand."

Launched in 2013, TruFusion features a variety of more than 200 fitness classes per week, including yoga, Barre, Pilates, cycling, cardio, boxing, kettlebell and an array of boot camps. TruFusion joins coworking operator SPACES opening at Post Oak Central, a 24-story, Class-A office tower, later this year.

I saw this yesterday and wondered if that is how big the space was where Dynamic Fitness was as this would make sense as a replacement...however i noticed the article says 1990 Post Oak and Dynamic was at 1980 Post Oak...(although the same compound/Post Oak Central). I guess we shall see. 

and still waiting and hoping to see cool editions like the restaurant in the post a couple above... hope things like that still happen.

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

While still a mystery as to which part of the building (and maybe which building)...

i did see this mentioned in a new article:

The new gym will open in Uptown Houston’s Post Oak Central campus, operated by Parkway Property Investments, according to a release. This will be the first TruFusion Houston location and third Texas site. Buff and soon-to-be buff locals can expect a 12,000-square-foot space, which is set to open in winter 2019 at a street level retail space at 1990 Post Oak Blvd.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/city-life/07-23-19-jennifer-lopez-alex-rodriguez-trufusion-russell-wilson-houston-post-oak-central/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Post Oak Central Adding Upscale Retail

http://realtynewsreport.com/2019/08/06/post-oak-central-adding-upscale-retail/

HOUSTON – (Realty News Report) – Parkway Properties Investments has signed M.M. LaFleur, a high-end retailer, as a tenant in Post Oak Central, as part of an effort to add an upscale retail to the development.

“This lease furthers our goal of creating an upscale retail mix that not only builds our campus ecosystem, but also positions Post Oak Central as a lifestyle destination for the area,” said Parkway Leasing Manager Amanda Nebel.

Tom Havron of Newmark Knight Frank represented Parkway in the 2,300-SF lease. Located on Post Oak Blvd., the 17-acre Post Oak Central has three office towers with a total 1.2 million SF.

M.M. LaFleur is a New York-based women’s clothing brand and styling service which first entered the Houston market in October 2018 as a pop up.

“Post Oak Central provides our clients with a prime Post Oak Blvd. location near The Galleria with easy access and parking,” said Katie Twidwell, M.M.LaFleur Senior Director of Retail Operations & Experience. “The gallery-like space is a perfect backdrop for our collection, allowing us to expand our inventory beyond the pop up and also providing us the capability to host in-store events."

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Post Oak Central Campus
  • 8 months later...

TruFusion is kicking into high gear with its renovation of the old Dynamic Fitness location (and expanding into the additional east end of that space)...

large dumpsters are out front along with a handful of work vehicles ...with most of the windows covered so this project is full steam ahead after covid delays...

https://trufusion.com/

Edited by gene
  • Like 4

• 5 months later...

Finally a new update regarding TruFusion...

yesterday as i passed by they were loading in all the new spin cycles and more equipment! 

well since my post above didn't age well haha this is an update on 02/17/22 

they have removed all paper from the windows and you can see inside. the space is completely built out and ready to furnish etc...they lighting is up and this place sounds really cool actually...although it also sounds like it would kill me to go haha:

https://www.papercitymag.com/culture/trufusion-gym-dallas-review-jlo-alex-rodriguez-bootcamp/

our location should open i bet spring, early summer! 

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well i guess it's okay to announce now but it's a sad day when i have to say goodbye to Tommy's Grill and their freaking amazing breakfast tacos. Story is they are closing at the end of this month (July). I have been going there for over 20 years and everyone there, especially the owner, is super nice. They will be so missed. (Apparently with the almost 2 year covid closure and then most people not having returned back to work in these towers specifically is what helped push this along sooner than what was planned...)

On another note there was another restaurant eyeing this space, so let's see if that comes to light sometime soon. 

edit to add that yes, they now have a large sign on the window saying: Goodbye and thank you for 30 years of patronage or something to that effect...there was a rumor that a "not so common" establishment was looking at the space but not sure if that was just a rumor or not ;) 

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 2
  • The title was changed to Post Oak Central Campus At 1990 Post Oak Blvd.
  • 9 months later...
2 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Parkway has acquired Post Oak Central and CityWestPlace in an all cash deal (wonder which billionaire 👀👀) and Midway will oversee the Redevelopments.  This is an amazing transaction and I'd heard there was big money behind it because of the opportunity with POC. Truly, anything less than several towers with incredible retail/walkability offerings would be a major disappointment. 

This is the size of River Oaks District right on Post Oak Blvd. Cheers to potentially the next mega development in Houston 🍾🥂

I hope they don't plan on demolishing the three towers.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Parkway has acquired Post Oak Central and CityWestPlace in an all cash deal (wonder which billionaire 👀👀) and Midway will oversee the Redevelopments.  This is an amazing transaction and I'd heard there was big money behind it because of the opportunity with POC. Truly, anything less than several towers with incredible retail/walkability offerings would be a major disappointment. 

This is the size of River Oaks District right on Post Oak Blvd. Cheers to potentially the next mega development in Houston 🍾🥂

“Post Oak Central and CityWestPlace are both significant Houston assets that continue to perform, though Post Oak Central has been underappreciated in the market for some time,” said Brad Freels, Chairman and CEO of Midway and Co-Executive Chairman of Parkway, together with Jim Heistand. Regarding Post Oak Central, Freels said, “We see incredible potential in the iconic property. This deal activates and accelerates our plans, and we look forward to reimagining Post Oak Central for the next generation.”

https://www.midway.team/blog-posts/parkway-closes-on-two-significant-houston-office-assets-in-one-of-the-largest-u-s-real-estate-transactions-year-to-date

The parking on the site has GFR, I think, but is kind of low density for a parking garage. I wonder if they might consolidate that a bit into a larger/taller garage to allow for another tower or towers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fortune said:

I'd say there's a 0% chance they keep all 3 and a close to 0% chance they keep any of them. Unfortunately, these buildings have underperformed for many years on the office front (just lost Apache for a considerable portion of the complex) and I don't see a bunch of capital injected into them to remain an office asset. Then how much $$ do you put into a conversion to MF or hotel and how would they expect those to compete with all the new MF and hotels in the area? I've always admired Phillip Johnson and his work, but my gut is Post Oak Central's days are numbered

I'm guessing the only reason they put this deal together was for a total demolition of all or nearly all existing structures. However, you could see some short term leasing activity in the near term to generate some additional income before the future plans move forward. Just my take.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

I'd say there's a 0% chance they keep all 3 and a close to 0% chance they keep any of them.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case. There are so many available infill locations in Uptown, including the lot immediately south that has had 3 or 4 failed proposals and the open lots in BLVD place. We don't need to start tearing down perfectly usable towers when there's so much open land. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

I'd say there's a 0% chance they keep all 3 and a close to 0% chance they keep any of them. Unfortunately, these buildings have underperformed for many years on the office front (just lost Apache for a considerable portion of the complex) and I don't see a bunch of capital injected into them to remain an office asset. Then how much $$ do you put into a conversion to MF or hotel and how would they expect those to compete with all the new MF and hotels in the area? I've always admired Phillip Johnson and his work, but my gut is Post Oak Central's days are numbered

I'm guessing the only reason they put this deal together was for a total demolition of all or nearly all existing structures. However, you could see some short term leasing activity in the near term to generate some additional income before the future plans move forward. Just my take.

With all the available open land and one-story buildings in the area I would hate for them to demolish those three towers. Just seems like it would be going backwards. Develop all the undeveloped and underdeveloped properties first.    

• Like 3

CREguy is usually spot-on, but I think he miscalled this one.  I don’t see any of the towers demolished. These are already high quality buildings and’ with some tweaking can be top-level office buildings very attractive in the market.  OR one or more could be repurposed as residential and/hotel.

• Like 7

How could it possibly be cost effective or even strategic to knock down these buildings? What would they use the land for? Thanks to changing work habits people are working from home more frequently resulting in vacant office space everywhere. No reason to build bigger and better if there is no demand for the office space.

• Like 5

On 9/8/2023 at 9:06 PM, Montrose1100 said:

It’s Lit!

IMG_1776.jpeg

On 9/25/2023 at 3:25 PM, DotCom said:

Confirmed this is the architect and their design.  The portfolio says the drawings are 90-100%

21 hours ago, Mark Resident said:

How could it possibly be cost effective or even strategic to knock down these buildings? What would they use the land for? Thanks to changing work habits people are working from home more frequently resulting in vacant office space everywhere. No reason to build bigger and better if there is no demand for the office space.

I think they could tear down the garages and build taller ones and add apartments above those still leave the office buildings. 

• Like 3

On 10/2/2023 at 4:46 PM, houstontexasjack said:

The parking on the site has GFR, I think, but is kind of low density for a parking garage. I wonder if they might consolidate that a bit into a larger/taller garage to allow for another tower or towers.

Houston Gensler will be happy to provide them with plans for a fully mechanized garage with smartphone valet app!

See thread for details...

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2023 at 4:30 PM, Fortune said:

From the article:

Regarding Post Oak Central, Freels said, “We see incredible potential in the iconic property. This deal activates and accelerates our plans, and we look forward to reimagining Post Oak Central for the next generation.” 

It’s the buildings that make the property iconic. Without them it’s just valuable.

Edited to add: If they do tear them down, I’m never coming back to Houston.

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 3