New Forum Category for Washington Ave.

museum chick

I'm with you on that, their website made my stomache turn a little.

I believe it said under construction(the web page) and does not show the true Blue Label Lounge feel and brand just yet. Give it a chance to develope.....This will not be your average Lounge, I will asure you of that...I have seen the lay out of plans and it will do nothing but impress! The true definition of a LOUNGE.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the tacky I speak of.

Blue Label Lounge will have over 60 personal parking spots 30 for valet...Thats why they will have no problems filling up with the higher end crowd on washington. Have you seen this shoping center? Not your evreyday center.

I believe it said under construction(the web page) and does not show the true Blue Label Lounge feel and brand just yet. Give it a chance to develope.....This will not be your average Lounge, I will asure you of that...I have seen the lay out of plans and it will do nothing but impress! The true definition of a LOUNGE.

My...if I didn't know any better, I'd say we've got us a Blue Label Lounge promoter :) BTW, thanks for the heads up on the number of parking spaces...you know what they say, the coolest clubs always have ample parking

After viewing their website, I had a flashback to some "lounge" we went to on Richmond just west of Kirby. We walked in and the place was half full. There was no where to sit because (even though there were plenty of tabels) everything was reserved for later for people who had reserved "table service". Needless to say, we bounced out of there pretty quickly (an of course, never went back). I believe that place is out of business now.

I'll keep an open mind about blue label, though. Hope it works out for you.

What is the true definition of a LOUNGE, by the way?

What is the true definition of a LOUNGE, by the way?

i think you'll get a lot of varying answers to this one. i'd say low light, touch of class, good music, no frozen drinks and no foo foo drinks. All in a nice, quiet atmosphere where people can talk.

I believe "lounge" is the term for the trendy, martini serving "see and be seen" establishment, just as this bar advertises itself. It is a reinvention of the lounges of the old days frequented by the Rat Pack. Whether the Rat Pack would be impressed is an altogether different question.

I do, however, wonder why this establishment would set aside 60 spaces for commoner parking, and only 30 for valet? Would this not encourage lessers to attempt to mingle with the beautiful people?

I do, however, wonder why this establishment would set aside 60 spaces for commoner parking, and only 30 for valet? Would this not encourage lessers to attempt to mingle with the beautiful people?

Red let me put on my tshirt, shorts and flipflops and i'll meet you there at 10. ;)

Guest danax
How can we form a new forum for wash. ave?

Let me guess; sowanome- south of Washington, North of Memorial.....cute.

Maybe just changing the Heights section to West End/Heights would be best to cover everything north of Memorial.

Let me guess; sowanome- south of Washington, North of Memorial.....cute.

Maybe just changing the Heights section to West End/Heights would be best to cover everything north of Memorial.

sounds like a plan! solid guess, but keep trying. (I like the thought- south of wash, north of memorial)

I may have missed this topic, but does anyone know when the social is going to reopen. I did not go their very often, but with their new sign talking about beer, burgers, and wifi, it may be right up my alley. Anyone know the details?

I will see what I can find out. I know someone who invested or was supposed to invest in the new place. Hopefully they change their format and their crowd. That place just sucked toward the end there.

• 1 month later...

I thought south of Washington and North of Memorial described the area known as "Rice Military" (at least west of Shepherd).

I just bought a place near Nett & Moy and found out that north of Washington in that area isn't in R-M (by the civic club's bylaws definition.

Cottage Grove is north of I-10; R-M is south of Washington. What would this area (bounded by I-10, Washington, Wescott & Durham/Shepherd) be called?

I thought south of Washington and North of Memorial described the area known as "Rice Military" (at least west of Shepherd).

I just bought a place near Nett & Moy and found out that north of Washington in that area isn't in R-M (by the civic club's bylaws definition.

Cottage Grove is north of I-10; R-M is south of Washington. What would this area (bounded by I-10, Washington, Wescott & Durham/Shepherd) be called?

post this to the "Renderings Forum " of washington avenue forum in the heights section!

From Westcott/Washington east to Reinerman is Cottage Grove, even though it was chopped in half by I-10. From Reinerman east to around Shepherd is called Brunner. East of Shepherd is generally known as West End over to Yale, which of course is part of the Heights.

Like the Heights, the official neighborhood boundaries get muddled over time. Most people generally call everything west of Shepherd Rice Military, east of Shepherd West End, around Heights/Yale Heights, and east of Sawyer 1st Ward (north of Washington) or 6th Ward (south of Washington).

• 4 months later...
From Westcott/Washington east to Reinerman is Cottage Grove, even though it was chopped in half by I-10. From Reinerman east to around Shepherd is called Brunner. East of Shepherd is generally known as West End over to Yale, which of course is part of the Heights.

Like the Heights, the official neighborhood boundaries get muddled over time. Most people generally call everything west of Shepherd Rice Military, east of Shepherd West End, around Heights/Yale Heights, and east of Sawyer 1st Ward (north of Washington) or 6th Ward (south of Washington).

The actual neighborhood name for the area bound by the railroad south of I-10, Washington, Westcott, and TC Jester is called Woodcrest. They have their own civic association (Woodcrest Neighborhood Civic Association.) For a long time, when "Rice Military" was the big realty buzzword in the area, everyone just called this neighborhood Rice Military, but now you see real estate listing inicating the area is Rice Military/Woodcrest or just Woodcrest by itself.

So is this the correct thread for Washington Avenue discussion? If so, does anyone have any idea what is going to go up on the North Side of Washington between Reinerman and Lester Street next to the old Washeteria? The have demo'd a couple lots but there are no signs there indicating what (if anything) is going to be built.

So is this the correct thread for Washington Avenue discussion? If so, does anyone have any idea what is going to go up on the North Side of Washington between Reinerman and Lester Street next to the old Washeteria? The have demo'd a couple lots but there are no signs there indicating what (if anything) is going to be built.

Go to the heights n.hood section and there is a forum titled "Washington ave renderings, etc" there! Good luck, you should find out more there!

Go to the heights n.hood section and there is a forum titled "Washington ave renderings, etc" there! Good luck, you should find out more there!

Yeah..I can't find it..I have posted this question and three different discussions and keep getting bumped around. With 'Washington Corridor' being so huge as of late, you think that there would be a forum dedicated to it....gosh.

• The title was changed to New Forum Category for Washington Ave.

Archived