Republicans are scum!

TOMIKA!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was on abc. There definitely needs to be an investigation so the FACTS will be understood. Right now it seems too many rumors have started.

Weren't the original emails that were questionable (before the really nasty IM's came to light) to a 16 year old page?

It was on abc. There definitely needs to be an investigation so the FACTS will be understood. Right now it seems too many rumors have started.

I strongly get the sense that facts don't matter here and never will. It's been politicized...just like everything else does when we're approaching every other November.

I strongly get the sense that facts don't matter here and never will. It's been politicized...just like everything else does when we're approaching every other November.

Yeah facts like the Studds scandal occurred in '73 (he was censured in '83 and most news reports lead you to beleive the scandal occured in '83 as well), Monica suddenly became 19 (she was 22) when she had her "thing" w/Clinton and most remarkable Fox's recent graphics show Foley as a "D", not once, not twice but three times. Anyway, the only relevant info to discover is if the GOP leadership knew about this and did nothing to save one of their seats. If finding that out is "political", oh well.

the title of this thread is whack. if republicans are scum because of foley then:

gay people are scum because of jeffrey dahmer,

democrats are scum because of bill clinton,

white people are scum because of the unabomber,

arabic people are scum because of osama bin ladin (sp?), and so on.

ever heard of a republican environmentalist? or how about a democratic evangelical, pro lifer? as someone said earlier........."what's wrong with a gay republican?"). it is inflammatory (and i'm guilty of it too) to generalize about a group of people based on a bad apple (or two, or ten ;)).

this foley guy is simply a dirty old man. if this were female pages it wouldn't have half the attention it's getting. the media and the democrats homophobia is showing.

what's wrong with a gay republican

Why anyone would want to be in a political party that actively insures that gays will never have equal rights? Low or no self esteem? Self loathing? Wanting to keep the status quo which equals special rights for straights?

Why anyone would want to be in a political party that actively insures that gays will never have equal rights? Low or no self esteem? Self loathing? Wanting to keep the status quo which equals special rights for straights?

I dunno either, you should ask my bf that question, it still boggles my mind.

I think it probably has to do with the problems inherent to a two-party system. People come in more than two flavors, but American politics do not. So folks have to prioritize and compromise on various issues.

I think it probably has to do with the problems inherent to a two-party system. People come in more than two flavors, but American politics do not. So folks have to prioritize and compromise on various issues.

Exactly. Just like Robert Byrd, huge KKK member, yet he is a Democrat, which is supposedly the party that embraces the Black and Hispanic races, while "George Bush hates black people !" yet, it is his party that freed the slaves and gives immunity to illegal immigrants. How does that happen ? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I dunno either, you should ask my bf that question, it still boggles my mind.

Same here. I just can't imagine what could be more important than my own self-esteem. It seems it would almost be like prostitution for a lower cause.

concur....perhaps the moderators should send out a group reminder on thread protocol.

Just my opinion but we mods have touched on this before.

My opinion is that, with our rapid growth, we've seen an increase in off-topic topics and topics that are more National Enquirer than The Architectural Review. Not that HAIF was ever a purely architectural forum but, "in the old days", the majority of the topics were well thought out discussions of developments, culture and architecture around town.

I think our philosophy as mods is very hands-off. HAIF is a group mural and everyone from anywhere is allowed to dip their brush and have a go at it, within some easy guidelines.

As for this topic.....just another damn Democratic trying to demonize and stir things up! B)

the title of this thread is whack. if republicans are scum because of foley then:

gay people are scum because of jeffrey dahmer,

democrats are scum because of bill clinton,

white people are scum because of the unabomber,

arabic people are scum because of osama bin ladin (sp?), and so on.

ever heard of a republican environmentalist? or how about a democratic evangelical, pro lifer? as someone said earlier........."what's wrong with a gay republican?"). it is inflammatory (and i'm guilty of it too) to generalize about a group of people based on a bad apple (or two, or ten ;)).

this foley guy is simply a dirty old man. if this were female pages it wouldn't have half the attention it's getting. the media and the democrats homophobia is showing.

Whoa, slow down there, Bach. U 2, Tomika. U gotta show some examples on the thread if you're gonna call someone out.

Back to Bach. There's a problem with your examples of scum. It's one thing to have people do what your examples did (and Clinton was just being a Democrat), but it's ANOTHER thing to do what happened in the Foley case. Why? Because other Republicans actually TRIED TO COVER IT UP. Gay people never tried to deny Dahmer. Arabs never tried to deny Bin Laden. No white dude I knew tried to cover up the unabomber. And I'm sure another Democrat was taping Clinton's latest film "The Whiter House".

But Foley? C'mon, man! First, people in the Republican party and in office tried to cover up the scandal for their political survival, THEN turn their backs on him as if they didn't know him once the story came out to the media, just so other Republicans wouldn't have to answer Foley questions when Election Day came. It's not about the bad apple in the tree. It's about the fact that other people tried to paint the rotten apple red in order to show that there were no bad apples in the tree. If a Republican came out and turned Foley in AS SOON AS THEY KNEW something was wrong, this story would have turned out much differently, and the entire party wouldn't have looked so bad.

I just heard on the news last night, that those emails are closely monitored, so who is doing the monitoring ? DJ, just like what was said earlier, I believe it is gonna come out that BOTH parties are guilty of covering it up or holding back on this info in order to gain political leverage. It is gonna be messy.

Archived