Sekai Day And Night At 1505 St. Emanuel St.

1 hour ago, 77011transplant said:

Will the St Emmanuel location not be affected by the 45 expansion? 

Under the current plan, St. Emanuel and everything east of it stays. So this building would essentially front the freeway and stare directly at the flyovers where 45 comes up from the south and dives down to join 228/59 underground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Ewert said:

Under the current plan, St. Emanuel and everything east of it stays. So this building would essentially front the freeway and stare directly at the flyovers where 45 comes up from the south and dives down to join 228/59 underground.

Actually, under the current plan, everything across St Emmanuel from this property will be at or below grade.

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Actually, under the current plan, everything across St Emmanuel from this property will be at or below grade.

all i45 lanes are above Leeland, this is at the corner of Leeland.

https://hntbcorp.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=24136b20c5a24e299895dbb2504c89ec

Edited by samagon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, samagon said:

all i45 lanes are above Leeland, this is at the corner of Leeland.

https://hntbcorp.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=24136b20c5a24e299895dbb2504c89ec

You're right.  I got the wrong impression from one of the "typical section"s in the FEIS.  

It looks like, at the centerline of Leeland, the I-45 lanes will be about 23 feet above Leeland and dropping fairly rapidly, probably reaching surface level about 150 feet east of the centerline of Leeland (roughly the width of the surface parking lot that is currently across the street from this).

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

I found the PDF you're thinking of, it's in the historic documents section now.

http://www.ih45northandmore.com/docs9/20180521_NHHIP_Seg3_Overview_Layout_PH_1-1.pdf

the cutaway of the 'typical section' was at Polk street, and it is below grade there, so somewhere around Clay street is where the elevation will be completely below grade.

I wish they had a profile elevation for this segment as they do for the other two segments, it would make it much easier to follow.

Edited by samagon

36 minutes ago, samagon said:

I found the PDF you're thinking of, it's in the historic documents section now.

http://www.ih45northandmore.com/docs9/20180521_NHHIP_Seg3_Overview_Layout_PH_1-1.pdf

the cutaway of the 'typical section' was at Polk street, and it is below grade there, so somewhere around Clay street is where the elevation will be completely below grade.

I wish they had a profile elevation for this segment as they do for the other two segments, it would make it much easier to follow.

Actually, this is the PDF I was thinking of:

http://ih45northandmore.com/docs13/05_NHHIP_Seg3_I-69_RollPlot_PH_2-2.pdf

The cutaway is just east of Leeland, showing everything at or below grade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Actually, this is the PDF I was thinking of:

http://ih45northandmore.com/docs13/05_NHHIP_Seg3_I-69_RollPlot_PH_2-2.pdf

The cutaway is just east of Leeland, showing everything at or below grade.

that is the document I was thinking of, and it appears to be contradictory.

the cutaway on the left side of that PDF, as you mention for A-A, makes it look like it's right after Leeland, there's no other place within A-A where Hamilton has 4 lanes, and also St. Emanuel has 3 lanes, not only that, but Hamilton is not cantilevered over the SB lanes of 59, which also depicts as the only place where Hamilton doesn't hang out over the freeways is near Leeland. so from the perspective of Hamilton and St. Emanuel it is right after Leeland,

but then, if you look at the bottom portion of the PDF where it shows elevations it shows the i45 ramps being at least 23' clearance at the centerline of Leeland.

for both of those to be true there would have to be well over 20' of drop in a very short distance.

or we just can't rely on those drawings for any amount of accuracy.

Houston-based Sekai Hospitality plans to launch its first two venues this fall. Wyld Chld, a boutique night club, will take over the former benjy’s/The Classic space at 5922 Washington Ave. Designer Marc Dizon will handle renovations of the 7,500-square-foot space, plus a patio and rooftop terrace. East of downtown, Sekai Day and Night will offer a “festival-like feeling of sights and sounds” in a 26,000-square-foot space at 1505 Saint Emanuel. Egypt-based firm Studio Five is overseeing the design of the former warehouse, which will include a 36-foot main bar, 27 VIP tables and stadium-style seating, a resort pool with cabanas and other areas. Sekai Hospitality will host a job fair Aug. 16-18 at 1212 Waugh Drive in Montrose.

• Like 1

XawWjvr.png

At 1505 Saint Emanuel St., a former warehouse is being rebuilt and reimagined for the new home of Sekai Day and Night. Studio Five is overseeing the design of the 26K SF space. Elements will include a 36-foot main bar, 27 VIP tables and stadium-style seating, as well as a 1K SF resort pool with 16 cabanas, 17 VIP couches and 10 daybeds.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, samagon said:

I'm more curious how long it will last.

the club at 2020 Leeland is still marked on google as a club called Club 2020 Houston (original name!), is that place still a thing?

Club 2020 is no longer a thing... it went from a night club to a church... 🙄

• Like 1

Sekai Night and Day, 1505 Saint Emanuel, will make its spectacular debut October 29, just ahead of Halloween festivities in Houston. The new luxury nightclub comes from Sekai Hospitality and will be the largest of its kind in Houston at 26,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space, including a 1,000 square-foot resort pool and two floors of cabanas. 

With cutting edge and immersive technologies, it will provide a festival-like atmosphere with advanced lighting, video and audio elements, ensuring a unique and memorable experience. Sekai Hospitality has partnered with Audiotek, which specializes in designing high-end systems. The Ireland-based company's previous clients include Pacha Ibiza, OMNIA Dayclub in Bali and Wet Republic. French manufacturer L-Acoustics also played a role in the nightclub's sound system.

Set in a former warehouse, Sekai Night and Day will bring world class DJs into the completely reimagined space which is meant for dancing and lounging. The Tropical Art Deco inspiration is reflected in the teal, black, white and gold colors. There are also plaster, mirrored and ribbed wall surfaces (for her pleasure). 

The glamor begins with the exterior and its specially-designed illumination after dark. The 10,000 square-foot main room will stun patrons as the glow of 200 LED strips and moving light heads play upon the mirrored black walls creating a "galactic tapestry of twinkling stars", according to a press release. 

There will be a stadium lounge for 27 VIP tables, a circular dance floor plus a 50-foot- bar wrapped in copper and topped with black marble. Outside, extensive decking surrounds the lush oasis-like pool area. The venue offers space for private events with a dedicated outdoor entry for "special arrivals". There is also a 30-foot patio bar plus  avariety of cabanas that range in size, including one that is handicap accessible. 

The Atrium Lounge is a private open-air space with its own full bar and can accommodate up to 100 party goers. There is also a full catering kitchen, a concealed green room and valet-staffed bathrooms. 

https://www.houstonpress.com/restaurants/common-bond-opens-downtown-brasserie-original-chopshop-debuts-at-the-galleria-12104112

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

The contractors are swarming over this project like ants. I talked with a guy who may be involved and asked if they would finish in 7 days, he said he hopes so.

Getting the official certificate of occupancy takes 3-5 days after work is complete (need inspections from a bunch of different agencies)

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2021 at 5:57 PM, hindesky said:

The contractors are swarming over this project like ants. I talked with a guy who may be involved and asked if they would finish in 7 days, he said he hopes so.

Ux4mjlv.jpg

Support pole blocking the sidewalk doesn't look kosher. I wonder if they are going to re-do the ramp. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 6:50 AM, wilcal said:

Support pole blocking the sidewalk doesn't look kosher. I wonder if they are going to re-do the ramp. 

Drove by this morning and they did new ramps/sidewalks

2iJEjtT.png

2zME93u.png

Also, tried to take a shot of inside, and looks like drywall still in process on some parts of the inside. I can imagine why they cancelled the preview party tomorrow.

bkhUGOy.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...