Sign in to follow this  
trymahjong

Memorial Long range Master Plan--updates

from Cohen enewsletter

The Memorial Park Conservancy will host a public meeting to provide updates on the Memorial Park Long-Range Master Plan and related traffic studies and upcoming projects in the park. The meeting will begin at 6PM on Tuesday, August 25th at St. Theresa's Catholic Church (MAP). Attendees are asked to please RSVP to Natchaya Wanissorn at nwanissorn@uptown-houston.com by Monday, August 24th.

According to the Memorial Park Conservancy Website, work has already begun on the Eastern Glades project:

http://www.memorialparkconservancy.org/master-plan/eastern-glades.html

Also, work has either begun or is about to begin on the Houston Arboretum:

http://houstonarboretum.org/support/master-plan/

The projects should go a long way in helping to undo damage caused to the park by Hurricane Ike, drought and daily wear and tear. 

• Like 1

Well, if you think cutting down Most of the healthy trees, driving off any birds and wildlife — and expanding golf course for pro players as basicslly a donation is ‘undoing damage’!  Scary and awful.  Silent spring. 

Maybe I’m wrong - sure hope so.  But not liking where memoriak Park is going at all. Not only original weird plan NOT to restore natural thickets and forests - that Ima Hogg revelled in sought to preserve by giving Houston the land.  But also corporate/ pga interests who are usurping and dominating its future now. Money isn’t the point at all— but no talk of revenue sharing either!  A fine property they call it 

if you think cutting down Most of the healthy trees, driving off any birds and wildlife — and expanding golf course for pro players, basically as a donation is anything like ‘undoing damage’ you’re mistaken. We will get prarie and  Savannah  Golf courses to replace Nature - forests,thickets and bayous which stood undefended, (except for save Bayou folks).  Sad Scary and awful. Sorry I didn’t see it coming   Silent spring due to one ‘natural vision’ inadequately tempered by other evidence I would guess then apparently hijacked by PGA?  I know the Kinders are trying to do good but a forest should not be cultivated to a prarie 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jan said:

Well, if you think cutting down Most of the healthy trees, driving off any birds and wildlife — and expanding golf course for pro players as basicslly a donation is ‘undoing damage’!  Scary and awful.  Silent spring. 

What are you talking about?  I'm pretty sure there is no plan to cut down most of the healthy trees in Memorial Park.

Edited by Houston19514

On 1/24/2019 at 5:01 PM, Jan said:

Maybe I’m wrong - sure hope so.  But not liking where memoriak Park is going at all. Not only original weird plan NOT to restore natural thickets and forests - that Ima Hogg revelled in sought to preserve by giving Houston the land.  But also corporate/ pga interests who are usurping and dominating its future now. Money isn’t the point at all— but no talk of revenue sharing either!  A fine property they call it 

if you think cutting down Most of the healthy trees, driving off any birds and wildlife — and expanding golf course for pro players, basically as a donation is anything like ‘undoing damage’ you’re mistaken. We will get prarie and  Savannah  Golf courses to replace Nature - forests,thickets and bayous which stood undefended, (except for save Bayou folks).  Sad Scary and awful. Sorry I didn’t see it coming   Silent spring due to one ‘natural vision’ inadequately tempered by other evidence I would guess then apparently hijacked by PGA?  I know the Kinders are trying to do good but a forest should not be cultivated to a prarie 

keep up the good work, Jan!