Marlowe: Condominium High-Rise At 1211 Caroline St.

Dakota79

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hindesky said:

Hard to believe, but yes at least for now.

i think it is staying for good.  If you look at the Marlowe footprint, it seems to me to wrap around that old Ticketmaster building (sales office).  This is why, I think, that the pool is on the north side of the marlow,. There is not enough room on the south side of the building for a nice, big pool and deck,. The north side will not get much sun but that is another issue entirely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, htownboy said:

Does anybody know the age of that retail building on the block? I don't know my styles too well, but it looks art deco. It has a cool funky thing going on. I would hate for it to be torn down.

Yes it's Deco. I'd assume 1920's. I would also hate to see it go, but I don't think there's been any indication of that. It's a shame Ben's Beans didn't survive though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Twinsanity02 said:

Any news on this? I understand there was to be an official groundbreaking yesterday. Puzzled since the ground is already broken. Anyone know?

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2016/10/05/developers-break-ground-on-luxury-residential.html

Randall Davis Co. and DC Partners have broken ground on Marlowe, a luxury condominium tower in downtown Houston.

The two Houston developers held a groundbreaking event on Oct. 4 for the 20-story, 95-unit condo project located at 1311 Polk St., across the street from the House of Blues and a couple of blocks from the Toyota Center and Discovery Green park. Site work on the project started this summer, but the building will be going vertical this fall.

• Like 3

well, this is odd. Most of the concrete is already 20' high, but they're still digging down to the pylons for the foundation raft.

there's one large raft already (I'm guessing it's where the elevators go), now they're digging out a central area for the foundation.

• Like 1