Urbannizer

Development List for Buildings in Houston

The Regent Square office tower is still in the proposal section because were not sure if it's u/c or not. A 2Q summary report said construction had begun in August.

Are you sure? I don't think a construction date was ever given for the 28-story residential tower.

All of Regent Square is still a go, being built in phases.

nvm.. key word, OFFICE TOWER. heh. i was thinking the new tower that was supposed to start in august was the other residential tower. i guess its one of the low rise office buildings then along Allen Pkwy? i didnt think there were office buildings planned along W Dallas where that mobile crane was located?

Edited by cloud713

nvm.. key word, OFFICE TOWER. heh. i was thinking the new tower that was supposed to start in august was the other residential tower. i guess its one of the low rise office buildings then along Allen Pkwy? i didnt think there were office buildings planned along W Dallas where that mobile crane was located?

First it is apartments and retail that they are currently working on; nothing has been said about office space being started yet. What they seem to be starting is the park square in the rendering, although the rendering really isn't accurate anymore. The Sovereign was initially deemed phase 1 of Regent Square because it looks like the site is situated where some mid rise apartments were planned. Then in March or whenever they announced that phase 2 was going forward, but somewhere in there the Sovereign was separated from Regent Square as seen from their webpage. That's why it seems like they are just now working on phase 1, although they've had some of that equipment on the site for months.

What they just recently started, and seems to be phase 1 of the actual Regent Square development:

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2013/02/regent-square-to-roll-out-phase-two.html

What they said was phase 1:

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/print-edition/2012/06/01/regent-square-gets-new-lease-on-life.html

• Like 1

New members to the list: Superblock East, State National Bank Building, One Allen Center and Ritz Carlton (rumored). New renderings and development map also up. 609 Main will be moved to under construction next week.

• Like 1

I would be interested in seeing the amount of square footage under construction and see if Houston moves up the lists of total office space markets. Personally I would like to see Houston eclipse Dallas in office space and eclipse Dallas Ft. Worth in population.

Dallas has more office space than Houston? I think your mistaken, but maybe I am. Downtown Houston has like 46m sq ft of office space. I think dtd has somewhere in the low 30s. Maybe their suburbs have that much more office space than ours, but I find that hard to bslieve

Are you from Big D?  Y'all always need Fort Worth to put your booths on.  Just wait in a few months how many cranes you will see in Houston.  There is nothing going on in downtown Dallas.     

• Like 1

I think Dallas and Houston are fairly close but Dallas Ft Worth has significantly more space

i guess if you consider 15 million square feet "fairly close".. and are you referring to "Houston" (aka Downtown), or are you referring to all of Houston.. downtown, uptown, the texas medical center (all over 30 million square feet), greenway plaza/upper kirby, the woodlands, katy/energy corridor, memorial city, briarlake plaza, greenspoint, memorial park, the museum district, ect..? because i seriously doubt DFW is "significantly larger" than the greater Houston area.

i guess if you consider 15 million square feet "fairly close".. and are you referring to "Houston" (aka Downtown), or are you referring to all of Houston.. downtown, uptown, the texas medical center (all over 30 million square feet), greenway plaza/upper kirby, the woodlands, katy/energy corridor, memorial city, briarlake plaza, greenspoint, memorial park, the museum district, ect..? because i seriously doubt DFW is "significantly larger" than the greater Houston area.

If I can remember correctly, With the medical center space included Houston was at about 200M sq feet while the metroplex was at about 170M

Last I checked DTD had only about 25Msq ft of space. For some reason market reports combine DTD with the office Space of DTFW so while it may show up as Downtown Dallas -37M sq ft you have to keep in mind that that includes two downtown.

Uptown and TMC are both large than DTD, and DTH is almost twice as large as DTD

• Like 2

Downtown development map updated.

Hackett Tower and Shell Oil Building 3 & 4 removed.

Brazos Towers at Bayou Manor & Phillips 66 HQ now U/C.

4444 Westheimer, Hyatt Regency Hotel, 28-Story Resi High-Rise and 10-Story Resi Building added.

Have we seen this from Energy Center 5? From HBJ

energy+center+5.jpg

Edited by lockmat
  • Like 1

Have we seen this from Energy Center 5? From HBJ

energy+center+5.jpg

I think it was posted in the Energy Center III & IV thread but if it wasn't on the list...time to add it!

I think it was posted in the Energy Center III & IV thread but if it wasn't on the list...time to add it!

Done  ^_^

• Like 1

The list has been revised for 2014.

Downtown development map updated.

Two Briarlake Plaza and Shiek Zayed Bin Sultan MD Anderson Cancer Center removed.

Hyatt Regency Hotel and Kirby Grove at Levy Park moved to u/c.

Camden Residential added.

Question: Anyone know if this is for Houston? If so, where? Ziegler Cooper is the architect; I know Sprouts is currently looking around for new locations.

11141245976_f5326cf22b_b.jpg

Here's a list for projects going up, but not above ten-floors: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=2274346&postcount=2

• Like 1

I noticed a "Coming Soon Sprouts" sign at Yale and Koehler, but I highly doubt this is going there.

Not surprising though. I was thinking they'd target Uptown but River Oaks is pretty close. Probably going to get the different roof design.

Not surprising though. I was thinking they'd target Uptown but River Oaks is pretty close. Probably going to get the different roof design.

The airplane hanger? I hope not..

So where do we think this will go? Westheimer, or San Felipe? Near the Huntington and 2229 would make sense but I don't know where they would put it, without buying up houses to demolish.

Edited by cloud713

I think the next version of this is going to have alot added. I am not sure about moving things from Proposed / Approved to "under contruction", but the "proposed' list has certainly grown in the past month. Montrose residential,  additional market square residential, Uptown developments.

Cool progress.

• Like 1

Yes, took some time revising the list for February.

Downtown Development Map Updated

New to the list: Skyhouse River Oaks, Chelsea Montrose, 9807 & 9811 Katy Freeway, Westcreek Center, Anadarko Tower IV

Renderings added: 3400 Montrose, Block 52/1400 Texas, State National Bank Building

Moved from proposed to u/c: Hilcorp Energy Tower, 2229 San Felipe

Moved from rumored to proposed: Anadarko Tower III

• Like 1

Awesome -

Urbannizer, did you include the 16 story parking garage downtown near Wedge Tower and Hyatt? I might have missed it. Also, West Ave phase III planned section? Alley Theater Renovation - scheduled July 2014 start.

Thanks for your work here!

Edited by Avossos

Alley theater is finally getting renoed? That place needs a pressure washing bad.

And Andarko tower 4?

Edited by cloud713

Alley theater is finally getting renoed? That place needs a pressure washing bad.

Yes, inside and out. 46MM if I am not mistanken. Maybe up to 73MM - i forget.

Awesome -

Urbannizer, did you include the 16 story parking garage downtown near Wedge Tower and Hyatt? I might have missed it. Also, West Ave phase III planned section? Alley Theater Renovation - scheduled July 2014 start.

Thanks for your work here!

Didn't add the parking garage because it's just a parking structure, and I believe the Alley Theater is not tall enough to make it to the list. How tall is West Ave Phase III?

Didn't add the parking garage because it's just a parking structure, and I believe the Alley Theater is not tall enough to make it to the list. How tall is West Ave Phase III?

Not sure, but I was under the impression that it was be the same sized complex as Phase I and II.

Sorry about my lack of details.

The list is for structures over 10 stories. Where did the speculation of a 4th Andarko tower come from? I knew a third was planned..

• Like 1

The list is for structures over 10 stories. Where did the speculation of a 4th Andarko tower come from? I knew a third was planned..

Another HAIFer shared some info with me. Anadarko Tower III is a "done deal" according to his source, meaning we can expect to hear something in the near future.

IV is in the early planning stage, he was the first to tell us about Shell and his source is pretty good so I placed it on the list.

New downtown development map released: http://downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2014-01-29/140122_Current_Projects_11x17.pdf

• Like 1

Yes, took some time revising the list for February.

Downtown Development Map Updated

New to the list: Skyhouse River Oaks, Chelsea Montrose, 9807 & 9811 Katy Freeway, Westcreek Center, Anadarko Tower IV

Renderings added: 3400 Montrose, Block 52/1400 Texas, State National Bank Building

Moved from proposed to u/c: Hilcorp Energy Tower, 2229 San Felipe

Moved from rumored to proposed: Anadarko Tower III

Anadarko lV? What info. do you have on that? The rendering that came out of the new 20+story building across from Lake Robbins, is that supposed to be Anadarko lll?

Another HAIFer shared some info with me. Anadarko Tower III is a "done deal" according to his source, meaning we can expect to hear something in the near future.

IV is in the early planning stage, he was the first to tell us about Shell and his source is pretty good so I placed it on the list.

New downtown development map released: http://downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2014-01-29/140122_Current_Projects_11x17.pdf

Ugh, I need to update it though. :/

There has been a lot of new finds the past few months

• Like 1

Ugh, I need to update it though. :/

There has been a lot of new finds the past few months

Still a great resource though! It's good to actually have a city wide map to visualize everything.

It was actually more updated than I thought.

During my lunch break I updated all of downtown and other projects I could remember off the top of my head - they're mainly the peach colored markers since I can't remember the color codes.

I'll try to update it more with article and HAIF links later.

• Like 2

Urbanizer - When you have some time (maybe this weekend), it would be awesome to see this list updated.

* Downtown Project list is dated to January 15th. A couple things added since.

I have a hard time remembering what all has changed, but we have more specifics on Houston Center 6 / pictures. Residential projects around the ball park / discovery green. Midtown office tower? Amegy Bank tower?

Urbannizer - Updated thoughts below

* Downtown Project list is dated to January 15th. A couple things added since.

* New Houston Center 6 Rendering and Start date

* Hines Southmoore 'Under Construction'

* Hines Amegy Bank @ Micro Center

* Westcreek Office tower

I have a hard time remembering everything. Residential projects around the ball park / discovery green. Midtown office tower? Regency Square status?

• Like 1

Hines is sure making a great impact in Houston. Hopefully Hines Southmore will begin soon. :)

Edited by JoninATX