GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I think this project is a go. Several of the employees my mom works with park in those three lots. She received an email today that they can no longer park there and will have to look for alternative parking.

Still doesn't mean anything. When they brake ground, trucks, workers and a crane starts to move in that's when I'll say the Houston Pavilions is going up. Until then, I doubt it.

If they are afraid that the market is too weak, then I promise them that it will go big once it breaks down. Almost like Victory in Dallas. Once the first phase started construction, new proposals happened everywhere. Same would happen with the Pavilions.

I guess it is happening because I found these new renderings at the House of Blues website:

From Carolina St.

pr_header.jpg

From Dallas St.

pr_dallasstreet.jpg

From inside the Pavilions

pr_interiormall.jpg

At first I couldn't even find the Houston location on their website.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who finds the renderings above of HOB kinda underwhelming? I'm curious as to the cladding material shown as gray rectangles. It is supposed to be stone, or *gasp* vinyl siding from Sears (or some other type of similar material). They are obviously going for the industrial loft style with the exposed girders and what I suppose is cement.

Am I the only one who finds the renderings above of HOB kinda underwhelming? I'm curious as to the cladding material shown as gray rectangles. It is supposed to be stone, or *gasp* vinyl siding from Sears (or some other type of similar material). They are obviously going for the industrial loft style with the exposed girders and what I suppose is cement.

Most likely metal panels. Either painted aluminum or, if they get fancy, zinc.

Most likely metal panels. Either painted aluminum or, if they get fancy, zinc.

there are a bunch of barrels there, as well as two of those concrete containers that you use to hoist to different parts of the site.

i think someone screwed up and ordered those early.

I agree with the idea that Alamo Drafthouse type of movie theaters would work best in Houston Pavilions. Let's face it, going to a regular movie theater is Gone With the Wind. Imagine HP with Lucky Strike, House of Blues, state-of-the-art movie theaters and great restaurants. This will work. Downtown Houston is ready.

No, 2/5/07 is actually just the date they will push the date back again.
Now when 2/5 rolls around and nothin' happens, watch all the dopes who don't know this project's dead say "Awww man, well don't worry its still gonna happen" :rolleyes:

Some groundbreaking. :rolleyes:

Edited by 77017