Heights Mercantile At 714 Yale St.

s3mh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A busy Sunday afternoon at Heights Mercantile yesterday. Here are some pictures of the surface lot the neighbors forced the developer to put in. Meanwhile, plenty of empty street parking along Heights Blvd.

Good job, guys. Way to make your neighborhood just a little bit shittier.

2017-11-12 14.55.50 - small.jpg

2017-11-12 14.54.33 - small.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angostura said:

A busy Sunday afternoon at Heights Mercantile yesterday. Here are some pictures of the surface lot the neighbors forced the developer to put in. Meanwhile, plenty of empty street parking along Heights Blvd.

Good job, guys. Way to make your neighborhood just a little bit shittier.

2017-11-12 14.55.50 - small.jpg

2017-11-12 14.54.33 - small.jpg

Oh, get off your little soap box already.  There are two restaurants (Local Foods and a wine bar) that have not opened yet.  And they are also doing a "phase II" across the street where the scooter store and Chic Warehouse used to be.  So, it will probably just be a matter of time before the nextdoor threads start complaining about the piles of cars overflowing the lot once Local Foods and the wine bar are open.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

This project doesn't happen without parking.  This is a fantastic project for the area and I live one block from here so as a nearby resident and user of these trails, I love it.

Didn't need this much parking to go forward. The developers requested a variance to provide less parking and were denied after neighborhood opposition. They then bought two neighboring buildings and knocked them down to meet the city's minimums.

I agree that it's better than typical development, but I'd rather not have the extra surface parking on Heights Blvd.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

The Heights is blowing up with good quality development. Beautiful to witness. 

It really is mindboggling to see how far it's come and how far it's grown out... coming all the way to I-45 now. I've lived in this area now for over 6 years and it's crazy to think all the amenities we have now compared to back then...

• Like 1

Possibly unrelated, but Barrio Antiguo appears to be having a going-out-of-business sale this weekend ahead of demolition next week. (Demo permit issued yesterday.)

This project could be getting bigger (or maybe it's just parking).

Edited by Angostura

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, Angostura said:

Possibly unrelated, but Barrio Antiguo appears to be having a going-out-of-business sale this weekend ahead of demolition next week. (Demo permit issued yesterday.)

This project could be getting bigger (or maybe it's just parking).

yeah, i doubt that is a coincidence.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...