Kaboom Books At 833 Studewood St.

tmariar

• 1 year later...

I ended up making it to Kaboom a couple of times while it was still at Studewood and 9th, and have since been to the new Studewood location a couple of times. Haven't made it to the Houston Avenue location yet, though.

I like their book selection. And I really like having a bookstore in the neighborhood. Plus, on all visits, I've enjoyed speaking with either John or Dee.

I got an email saying they now carry the Sunday New York Times, though I don't know if it's at both stores or just one. It would be cool if the Studewood store had the Times - a Sunday morning stop for the NYT at Kaboom and artisinal pastries next door at Antidote sounds pretty good to me.

Yeah, I finally got a chance to shop there a while back. I found some amazing stuff, like a copy of a book my dad bought at the King Tut exhibit in New Orleans when I was a kid. And the dude working there was very helpful.

Anyone go to Quarter Price Books on Shepherd? Love that place. They have so many cool old books, some autographed or with a personal note to recipient from the author. There is some really unique stuff. Also, the Old And Interesting section of Half Price Books. The best Old And Interesting section is at the top of the back stairs of the one in Rice Village.

Anyone go to Quarter Price Books on Shepherd? Love that place. They have so many cool old books, some autographed or with a personal note to recipient from the author. There is some really unique stuff. Also, the Old And Interesting section of Half Price Books. The best Old And Interesting section is at the top of the back stairs of the one in Rice Village.

I've been to 1/4th price books. It's good if you know what you're looking for. It's not really like 1/2 price books where you can sit around and browse/read the books. I forget the owner's name (?) but he seems like a nice guy.

I ended up making it to Kaboom a couple of times while it was still at Studewood and 9th, and have since been to the new Studewood location a couple of times. Haven't made it to the Houston Avenue location yet, though.

I live really close to the Houston ave/Bayland store but haven't been yet. I need to drop in there soon to check it out.

• The title was changed to Kaboom Books At 833 Studewood St.

Archived